Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

Ah, such a great finish...and a deep sense of satisfaction for you as well.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:38 PM

Thanks, OK, but I have two more rows to go and they are going slowly, but going onward. People mentioned on face book that the milk factory workers are out on strike...saying they aren't getting fair wages.

Yes, I did finish the two wall hangings and child's I Spy at Christmas time, but they were not full bed sized quilts. This fabric was all in my stash. Since I used the California poppy fabric it was directional, and I had to work a littler harder to get all the poppies standing up in the garden. Three squares are still growing sideways Do I change them or let them lay down??? More UFOs to come to the finish line, I hope. As long as I can 'guess' at threading the needle and the 1/4 inch seams, I will continue onward.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:04 PM

I just love your quilt Sue! It's just way too purdy!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:29 AM

Nina, you have been very busy I see..The quilt turned out great.....very pretty!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:51 AM

QNS--your quilt is turning out great! Even better that you were able to use fabric you had on hand! Can't wait to see more.

What are others working one in their sewing rooms?

I got to sew yesterday in my new room. Just a simple 10-minute table runner for a gift, but hey, the machine is set up and was even turned on. I will have this afternoon to sew some too....planning to work on my DD's graduation quilt some more. I have half of the blocks done...

DH got my design wall done last night. I decided to go with foam board covered with flannel...then fabric will stick on it's own or if I am putting paper pieced blocks up w/paper still attached, I can use pins easily. Bigger than my last one so that makes me happy too.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 AM

Sounds so exciting, Carrie. Its a room you are going to enjoy for a long time....probably daughters, too. DGS went for Archery trial out, but he was too young to pull the string on the bow this year. Next year DD says.

Income tax time is just around the corner in March, so busy correcting the Mortgage Company again this year. ...then found out I was speaking to customer service rep who lives in India. Go figure. Grrr. It is NOT the USA friendly based help. Have to journey into U. to talk to County Assessor's Office next week and see what our property and personal property will cost us this year...they raised it twice or three times since 2011 and did not let us know.

Thanks, Honchey, for your comments, too. Its a directional poppy piece that is driving me a bit crazy...all done except four blocks and correcting two other blocks that had poppies growing the wrong way. Singing to myself all the gold in California is in the bank in Beverly Hills in someone else's name....song sung by the Statler Brothers...with my off key voice, I would never sing it out loud. LOL!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:11 AM

Wow, QNS, your quilt is really pretty. Such pretty colors together. Keep on stitching you will soon have those other two rows under your belt.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:43 AM

Hope you all wake up to a great morning and have a good day. What is it like for you?
Old 02-21-2015, 09:11 AM

Well, it was 1* this morning and we're supposed to get up to 3 inches of snow sometime today and 40* tomorrow with rain so I guess now there's going to be some flooding in certain areas...The Man upstairs is going to have to re-commission The Ark!!!

after looking doe several daysI couldn't find my#8 mystery blocks to work on them..went into the car to get the coupons from the Sunday papers I do and lo & behold they were under the bag of coupon flyers...I forgot that I had taken them to work on...now I can finish step # 3.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:41 AM

It is 63* this morning in not-sunny California. We are expecting from 1/4 to 1/2" of rain in the next few days. We really need it!