Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

Winter is tough on all of us it seems. Jan I understand the SADD..though not diagnosed I have gone through the same as you...that's why I get our tax work done ASAP...it forces me to accomplish something. Think the thyroid condition doesn't help either...been on Synthroid for over 30 years. BTW,I get generic at Wal-Mart for $4 a month. Back to work....Tomorrow's QBUDDY and my sewing day.

Thanks for the laugh, QNS.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:17 PM

We decided to buy more chicken feed and wait until its a bit warmer to dress out the hens...I do want to do it before ordering the spring chickens. No, OK, I have not seen a reduction in milk prices here. Maybe the middle man is a new CEO who wants more money in his pocket. Gas is on the increase again here. Are the dairy farmers part of a co-op there or a company buying the raw milk? Some are milking sheep instead of cows, or goats. Old Doc Bay of Albia always knew whose mare had her foal, and would get that for a baby with the croup and it worked every time.

I will get to sew tomorrow again; three cheers. One way to stay warm and comfortable out of the snow and cold weather. You all take care. And you are all welcome for the laugh about the snowman. DD posted it on my face book page.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:27 AM

BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr. Wind Chill adversary in effect until eleven am. One degree here.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:10 AM

We have decided to travel after DH's next apt with the DR. The roads may be clear but with all the slipping & sliding we've seen on TV of the Major roads we're going to play it safe and stay home..
Finished cutting another 15 sets of 25 different fabrics for the swap here on the board.. ran out of starch so they were harder to work with...I noticed that there is soo much more static electricity using the go cutter..the squares were sticking all over and me
I think I'm going to try to do step 3 of the Mystery quilt..I have it all ready...just have to get it to the machine!!!
I was on Synthroid for awhile and didn't like the waiting to eat or drink timing with it..so now I'm on Armour Thyroid...It has something in it that the Synthroid doesn't..something about the T4 or T3 hormone...I'm not losing my hair as much as before...
Still very cold but the sun is shining brightly today...the kids will be here tonite so it's spaghetti & meatballs for dinner tonite...
Take care all and stay warm...
Old 02-18-2015, 02:37 PM

Old 02-18-2015, 03:08 PM

The tree guys finally come out yesterday afternoon & finished up th'smornin'. Gosh my poor tree. It lost so much! It's a good thing that it is such an big tree or there wouldn't be anything left o' it. As it was it lost more than a third.
Then the stove top broke th'smornin'. The guy came out & it cost over $500.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Oh Bev--when it rains it pours!!!
Another good laugh....thanks QNS
Old 02-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

RE Armour Thyroid..as I understand it is from a natural source, I think pig, while Synthroid is manufactured. How long have you been on it? How's the metabolism, ie weight gain or loss? I'm thinking of asking MD to prescribe it. Is it harder to regulate the correct dosage?
Any thoughts, JanRN? My DS just went on Armour; one other DS is also on Synthroid as was our mother and all 4 of her siblings...Do you think it's genetic?.....
Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 PM

Hey, OK, I'm retired so no nurse questions LOL!! Just kidding. First off, yes hypothyroidism is hereditary so all your family members should be tested. I've been on Synthroid for about 30 yrs, started on Armour. My numbers bounced around a lot, didn't feel well (hyper at times, sluggish at other times) on Armour. Everyone has a different tolerance. If your numbers are good and you're feeling alright, I wouldn't change things but I'd talk to your doc to see if he/she thinks you'd be a good candidate for the Armour. They usually run a T3, T4, & TSH to determine the dose so you probably have these done yearly. For the longest time, Armour was impossible to get around here; I don't know if that's changed or not. Funny thing I learned: always thought if you took too high a dose of Synthroid you'd lose weight; opposite happens, you gain weight in the form of fat deposits. Why? don't know, just something my doc told me. Now, can I go back into retirement???? Question for you: do you have trouble when it's really hot outside? I cannot tolerate high heat & humidity. I get very flushed, dizzy, nausea--I blame it on my thyroid but don't know if anyone else has this problem. I also can't stand warm/hot rooms; MrJanRN and I play battle of the thermostat--he's always cold. And no it's not menopause, that's a distant memory.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I thought once a nurse always a nurse.! 2 of my 3 sisters are nurses as well as my 2 aunts....
Re: hot weather--it's not the heat, it's the humidity...No dizziness, just no stamina. Also on 4 BP meds so blame some of those sides effects on them. Interesting info on excess Syn dosage. I go around the house with 2 sweatshirts..one hooded so I can cover my head if necessary to hold the heat in. That's just on these really cold days when the cold just creeps in and stays.
We watch our T4 and T3 levels religiously. At age 29 I told my MD what was wrong with me because I knew our family history..he didn't argue......Getting ready for my yearly check...have BP check every 6 months.
Are you familiar with Mary Shomon?

Last edited by oksewglad; 02-18-2015 at 07:30 PM.