Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-01-2015, 08:08 AM

It was a Quaker Oat morning with six to eight inches of wet snow on the ground here. Tonight is predicted to get down to four below. Weather inside is a perfect quilting day. May it be a good day for you wherever you live.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:53 AM

I'm sitting here grumbling--did I mention I hate snow LOL???? We're getting a heavy snowfall right now--the flakes are as big as 50cent pieces. Already about 2" since this morning. Then it's supposed to turn to freezing rain, then rain, then back to snow. I agree, QNS--a good day to stay inside and quilt.

Have a lasagna thawing that I made at Christmas, bread machine kneading away--dinner is taken care of. Made some snacks for the Super Bowl tonight but doubt MrJanRn or I will be hungry after dinner. I shouldn't say that--I can always eat, hungry or not, if it's in front of me!!

Stay warm everyone (well, Jeanie, I guess you are darn you!)
Old 02-01-2015, 11:34 AM

Ladies, your weather news is more accurate than the weather channels... the sky is overcast with white & gray fluffy clouds..it's around 33 * right now.. it's supposed to start this evening..what we're going to get?? I'm not sure..every station is predicting their own interpretation of this storm..

My fingernails have been splitting and not growing..I've been using Sally Hansen for split nails, ec..but it just seems to be getting worse..I've been taking a supplement for Hair & nails..Everytime the nail gets to 1/16" long it splits & caches on everything & I have to file it back down to nothing...Anyone else have this problem?

Some sewing will be done on the mystery quilt..I'm adding the large triangles then need to get some 2.5" strips for the finish...
Old 02-01-2015, 01:30 PM

Yes, my nails split back into the quick as my Mother's nails did. Old fashion remedy is the Knox's gelatin packet in a drink that dissolves the gelatin. (?Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot water?) And eat more jello. I use the nail polish Hard as Nails...yes, by Sally Hansen. And try to keep my nails trimmed way back to little of the white part of the nail showing. ... I do not file as I should that is suppose to make the nail stronger. It is a problem I have not fully solved.

Rain hit here first, then the snow. It has stopped here since morning, but they say we will get more later. However, the weather people do not live here nor have all of them graduated at the top of their class! LOL!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:54 PM

We have had nearly 10" of snow since Saturday afternoon/evening. No sewing here...but I have been working on dishes, laundry and cleaning house. Just taking it easy the rest of the afternoon...maybe a nap.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:54 PM

Anne & QNS, I have one nail that used to split no matter what I did. A co-worker sold Avon and she had me try something called Nail Experts. It's like a clear polish and really does work. I still can't use nail polish on that nail (just paint the other nine LOL) and keep my nails short. I use the Nail Expert once a week and it doesn't split any more. I got this about a year ago so don't know if Avon still has it. I tried the Sally Hansen products but they didn't seem to help. This made a big difference.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:36 PM

So sorry for you with nail problems. I don't have that problem at all, my nails grow too long and I have to clip them shorter! I'm just weird I guess. Maybe a visit to a dermatologist could help??? I tend to have low blood sugar, so eat a lot of protein - maybe that helps? I don't get much calcium either???

We left Phoenix yesterday (it had rained there for a couple of days) and hit sunny California. It was 70 degrees here today when we got home. All the hills here in CA are so green, I could not stop commenting on them to Joe.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Thanks Jan, I ordered it online from Avon..it's currently on sale..I tried to locate a representative and no luck with anyone in my area... bought a few other things too...
Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 AM

It is a minus four degrees this morning, but the sun is shinning bright. Too cold to go out today, so today's errands will become Wednesday's. Hope tomorrow is warmer. Everyone enjoy your weather and still warm. Remember JanRN, this too shall pass....on to more interesting weather. Will the groundhog see his shadow???
Old 02-02-2015, 07:28 AM

Did my papers last night around 6:30 and on the way home the misty freezing rain started...it's all slushy now and supposed to get down to 10* late tonite...

Hope the roads are clear tomorrow morning...Big day for DH procedures starts tomorrow..It was supposed to start on Wednesday.. Have to drive 30 miles..
The groundhog saw his shadow so we'll have 6 more weeks of winter...The Almanac was right...Wretched Winter..

I'm putting the tape part of a Band-Aid, cut to the shape of a crescent to put on my thumb right up against the nail...I hate winter!!!

Last edited by Honchey; 02-02-2015 at 07:31 AM.