Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 PM

Now that looks just wonderful! #1 DSon is buildin' a greenhouse.
When My DGnephew came ta read w/me on Thurs we ran inta a big problem. We were missin' 4 pages! That sometimes happens ta 23 or 24 year old paperback books. I spent a lotta the weekend lookin' for another one. Well I finally got ahold o' someone that was helpful at Hastings & they had a used one. DGN & I went & picked it up before we did anythin' else th'smornin'. After he read that chapter I took him ta his Nana's house & then met DH for lunch. I really didn't plan on eatin' but DF#1 called & DF#2 couldn't meet us for lunch. So I did go ahead & eat lunch w/DH. Latter I ran the embroidery machine while I worked on a Crazy block. I did a test block for a DF's comfort flower quilt. (I really like it.) I don't remember feelin' rushed taday but rereadin' all I did taday & it makes me tired.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM

That's a great green house OK ! ! ! Wish I had space for a small one!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:49 AM

Looks like Ok found a small money tree....two and half hours from where we all were at Connie's quilt store!!!! Neat looking building, may you succeed in growing wonderful food inside the greenhouse! Maybe another year we can meet somewhere and have lunch together. I may be wearing dark glasses by then, who knows?? And painting my black cane white. Time will tell the tale. Meanwhile do what ever I can with the sight that I have...and skip what I cannot. The confetti has straight seams in it, even if it is just four and one half inches in each block. Another rainy day here. May you all see some sunshine where you are and have a good day.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

DublB ... cute bag for a wee Miss!

Honchey ... yea for your internet purchase! Have a good trip!

QNSue ... a good scrappy project. Your constant fabric is an interesting one.

OKSGlad ... I know you will really enjoy your greenhouse!!!! Food and flowers all year round will surely abound with your green thumbs! You just might have to move your sewing machine out, to get full benefit!! Wedding and Fair over ... does this mean you are baaaaaaaack (well sorta!)???
Old 07-01-2014, 10:10 AM

QuiltE, most of the time you're the first to post your goals How about them?
I had only one goal this month......finishing Ode to my Mom and I did.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]481182[/ATTACH] No sewing for me for the last few months. My new puppy Maggie that I got in May has been keeping me busy and has lifted my spirits like no medication ever could.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Oh Janie--what a sweetheart! So good to hear from you.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Janie--cute puppy. At first I was thinking it was a rottweiler (we have 2)...then I scrolled down to see the 2nd picture and nope...those legs are too short and tail too long.

We had a pretty bad storm blow through yesterday afternoon. Took down lots of trees and power lines around here. We didn't have power for about 24hrs. Here we only had a branch crack a windshield on our old van. My MIL had a BIG tree fall on her house. The first picture is the house from the front/north side. The tree on top is from the back of the house! Second is standing in the back on the south side. The last is the tree from the back of the house. Surprisingly her car doesn't have a scratch on it! The bulk of the tree fell in front of it and just a few branches behind. This is just one of 4 trees down in her yard. Another tree in the front yard tore the electrical service off her house.

We spent about 3 hrs cleaning up the smaller branches this afternoon. Probably have at least that tomorrow just to get the trees cut up and sorted into brush/firewood. Not to mention the additional time loading up the logs we will bring home to split for firewood. We'll get a permit to burn the brush there to save hauling it home. The little town where her house is still doesn't have power tonight.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03587.jpg   dsc03590.jpg   dsc03592.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Oh Carrie--after hearing that your area had lots of damage I was wondering how you fared. Cleanup is no fun. Glad to hear everyone is okay. You know it can stop raining anytime now....