Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 11-13-2014, 01:59 PM

Cats are rescued But do not appreciate it yet....growls all around the place. They are secure in the 'hen pen' for seven to ten days, getting used to us. Funnest thing on the road down and back....couple of road signs that read:
( (Novelty--12) (Ten Miles---6)

Paid the taxes yesterday and filled car with gas with our last penny to make the trip and came home to find a check in the mail from our telephone company, blessed be! This month is tooo long we ran out of money! But the pantry is full, so we can eat for six months...before we need to starting to worry.

Hopefully, I can stay home until Monday...and sew.

Snow furies going and coming but not staying the on the ground, temperature about 26-29 today, down more tonight. Time to unpack those long-johns and make Chili Soup. So glad to be home. All of you take care; and Honchey, win big tonight! Bingo!!
Old 11-13-2014, 07:05 PM

Mercy, but it's cold here! It didn't git over 32*F! It's supposed ta git down ta the lower 20's by dawn but then start warmin' up. It's gonna git back up in the 70s on Sat & then another cold front will come back through by sun! No precipitation a'tall though.
We had left over stew tanight.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Power Poster

Am bushed...have all the meat cubed and refrigerated. Did get 2 canners processed...well waiting on the last one right now. Another full day tomorrow-as soon as the timer goes off I off to bed.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:15 AM

OK, what in the world are you doing up so late???? Processing must have taken you a long time but I'm sure it's worth it. I don't can but make lots of soups, stews, chilis, etc. and freeze them. It's so nice not to have to think about what's for dinner or to run to the store all the time.

While we're on the cooking subject I need some opinions/advice. I have a George Foreman grill that I use fairly often, it's about 10 years old and needs replaced. I keep seeing ads for the Cuisinart Paninni Maker. Do any of you have one? It does a lot more than a GF grill--I like the idea of it flattening out to make pancakes and the fact that the grills can pop out to be cleaned. We like grilled sandwiches and GF didn't do a good job on them. Price is comparable. Any thoughts?

Stay warm--it's about 20* here with flurries and very windy. Winter sure came in fast.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 AM

What a day you had, OK. Hope everything turned out good!

JanRN, never had one, just check on Amazon to get its rating by people who have purchased one. If its five stars, its a good one.

Have a good day everyone; remember it only comes once in a lifetime...enjoy!
Old 11-14-2014, 10:24 AM

I had a GF Grill once & hated gittin' it cleaned. I did love gittin' those li'le steaks (about 2 1/2 in diameter) that were almost fat free. I'd take 'em outta the freezer, season 'em & slap 'em on the GF. I'd git a great sear on the outside & the inside would be medium rare. Not dryed out a'tall. Hmmmm I wonder if DH will consider buyin' those again & try it in a cast iron skillet.
Alright I went on a rabbit trail. Jan what I wanted ta say was the feature ta pop the grills off ta be cleaned sounds wonderful!
Old 11-14-2014, 04:01 PM

Jan, I would buy anything that is easier to clean...I hate cleaning the GF grill...I had a hard time timing whatever I wanted to grill..My hamburgers came out well done & I ended up burning the shrimp kabobs...once the grease dish slid under the grill and I had fat all over the counter...what a mess..It now has it's place of honor on the shelf in the garage....I think it's still there
Bob & I were out gallivanting all day...Sam's, Costco, Walmart, Food Lion, Hobby Lobby,& a Quilt Shop..funny thing, no bread makers to be found and I only got a stencil at the LQN..I just wasn't in the fabric buying mode I quess...

Forgot what time it is...dinner is already late bye
Old 11-14-2014, 05:25 PM

We were in and out of town in record time today. Tried to drive again, and gave up as we went into Iowa...I could not see the speedometer and road at the same time...hope it gets better, but not expecting it to happen. I can see a wider scope sideways, but not down lower...could be worse. Just have to limit myself to what I can do and be happy about that.

Also called Quilt on the Square to see if I could return Dear Jane packets (never opened)....Island and Reproduction monthly packets. They are starting a new group in January. Their answer was "NO"....I just wanted credit for them but no go that way.Do I stoppped the projects, no more Dear Jane packets. So I will do a couple of scrappy quilts out of the pieces sent to me...no more ordering from them. Expensive 'tuition' to learn my lessons there. After I finish the "I SPY" quilt...work is coming along there. Plan to work on it some more tomorrow.

Goals are to stay with simple, easy and quick designed quilts...and see what happens in the future.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:24 AM

Bob is outside trimming all the bushes...This is the third time this year!!!! Going to make some chicken soup today along with some cornbread..I've never made cornbread before...The mix says it's very easy..I like cornbread a bit on the sweet side and this recipe gives the amount for that... I will then futz around in the sewing room. I have a few older machines here that need some TLC...I hope I can get them running better than when I got them...One of them is an old timer..a 99K...
QNS, aren't you supposed to be keeping the eye(recently operated on) covered to heal it...?

I've been checking the Paninni ? grill out.. very interesting.

I'm going outside now to see if there are any bushes left have a good day all..H.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:10 AM

It is snowing.... it is snowing .... It is really snowing here! We can track our cats in the snow.

Honchey, I just had to wear eye cover the first night. Still putting in drops four times a day for two weeks, then twice a day for two weeks. Wish I could see down better, but happy I can see a bit more wider than before and no gray cloud over the left eye.

We are making bread together; it may come out....will see. Dh is kneading it, I mixed it up, and we both are looking on with our fingers crossed. Mona's Oat Bread and DGM's sweet rolls.