Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-01-2015, 05:37 AM

Yes, we have snow and its snowing. Landscape looks divine until one has to go out to chore or church today. Take care and have a good morning!

Where o where is Spring????
Old 03-01-2015, 05:42 AM

Good morning--well, not so good--getting lots of snow. Woke up to 4" already and it's still coming down hard. Predicted to get about 8". Was hoping when we turned the calendar page it would automatically be Spring. Oh well--Spring is 19 days away. Looks like a good sewing day. Finishing my last table runner for the B&B then I can work on some things I want.

Enjoy your day, ladies, and pray for Spring!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:46 AM

I am so miserable, my index & middle finger have cracks in the tips and they hurt so bad..I have dipped them in bag balm and covered them up with band aids..i won't be able to handle ay fabric until they feel better..They were healing until I started to file the edges of the cracks & they opened again...Typing this post isn't the easiest with my hunt & peck method of typing with bandaged fingers...Can you tell I'm miserable??? I hate this cold dry weather..

have any of you seen the Bitty Blocks? they are cute!! during they week I discovered some leftover 30"s squares and following the directions I cut out 10 sets for 3" bowties..and now with my finger situation I can't sew them..even with pins in them the band aids mess them up...GRrrrrrrr!..

I'm thinking of cutting off the tips of some rubber gloves and trying that but every time the tips come in contact with something it hurts. What to do ??

Last edited by Honchey; 03-01-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:02 AM

Old folklore of healing hands, Honchey, that we learned in the Ozarks: Use hot water, as hot as you can stand, with vinegar, arm and hammer soda, and salt and soak your hands in it. repeat it as often as it takes. It soaks out the soreness. Apply petroleum jelly and wear an old pair of gloves for an hour or so for it to heal your dried out hands. And be amazed at what24 hours will yield in feeling better. Good luck with it.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:23 AM

I'm having the same problem with my left hand. Picture reading a palm, the life line & heart line & wealth line--my hand is cracked open on those three lines. I tried A&D Ointment (smelled like a baby's bum) and Udder cream and Vaseline. Maybe I'll try the Vaseline again with a glove. It's so annoying and one more reason to dislike winter.

I went out and shoveled my walk--big mistake. We've had a snowstorm each week-end for 6 in a row but those were light fluffy snow. Today's is really heavy. Got half way done and my back started hurting; finished the walk and now my back is really aching. And as soon as I finished we got another burst so everything is covered up again. Well, it can sit there til July!!! Usually MrJanRn does the whole neighborhood with the snowblower but there's a problem with the starter. My neighbors are going to have to do their own today. Damn winter!!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:21 AM

A cure for "I hate WINTER" is to buy a ticket for Hawaii. Rent a condo in Arizona....buy a one way ticket there. LOL! Guess we could all go on a virtual RV caravans to visit JeanieG.

We have lived in Las Cruces, NM., no winter except for February. South Texas...Corpus Christi...had very little winter....may be a week or two. We moved there in 1985, and moved back in 2005, seen one snow storm the winter of 2004 Christmas Day. It was the first snowfall in 100 years. Loved it except our heater/ac unit died in our rental on North Padre Island. LOL about it now, looking back.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

Ouch on the cracked fingers/hands. Since I quit doing chores outside in winter I don't have the problem often, but do know the feeling..
Carrie's busy being a "archery" mom...no time like the present to spend time with and for the kids for they are gone too soon. Recently middle son has been on the road quite a bit and calls "mom" to keep him awake on the road...always nice to get back in touch without the dear little ones clamoring to talk.

Ah to see to sew...yeah...

Oh lots of denim cut into all sorts and sizes....some of the denim is even good enough for quilts...I use the stained stuff for the rugs. Have to put this project on hold as I have some other commitments to take care of.

My pickle jar quilt is coming along nicely...sewing pieced blocks to squares now with only 3 rows to go. This finishes 91 x 106. Soon will be able to add borders. Right now this is my 10 minutes to sew project.

Enjoying life inside as it's been -22 in the morning here this week.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 AM

Oh Anne and Jan - so sorry about the split fingers/hand. Any cuts on the hand drive me nuts, it seems my hands are in water so often that it takes a long time to heal. I feel for you guys!

Yes QNS - our RV is our "company" home, parked in our driveway! You all are welcome to visit at any time to get out of that snow (or anytime for that matter) we would love to have you!

OMG OK - minus 22!!! Good Grief!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 02:00 PM

Ok, is that the temp or wind chill? I worked in Alaska at the airport when it was sixty below, renting out cars and cleaning them out for a National Car Rental business. Fun job.

Thanks, JeanieG. Let me buy that winning lottery ticket and buy the new motor home RV and hire a driver and we will be on our way...but don't hold your breath. Nor do I expect Publishers Weekly to knock on my door...I don't enter their contests, and do not buy lottery tickets.

A week from today, the weather is suppose to be warm...fifty degrees.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:59 PM

I haven't won any Nigerian lotteries in awhile so I guess I'm stuck here in PA. OK, that is SOOOO cold; we hit -14 on day last week and it's been below zero most nights. We've had to leave 2 faucets dripping for about 2 weeks; they're on outside walls and we were afraid they'd freeze. I guess it could be worse: we could be in Boston.