Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-12-2015, 04:30 PM

OK--thanks for your concern...all are well here. We got about 2 1/2" of rain last night. Not too far away in Cedar Rapids they got up to 4" in some places and had lots of flash flooding. Your 4-H basket looks like a lot of fun!

It's been a busy week, but I was able to get the quilting finished on my PC quilt. I want to get the borders and binding on this weekend.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:35 AM

Jan, Just checked out 68..It has "Y" seams!!!!???. How did it come out.. I'm secretly doing some of these blocks...We cannot & shouldn't post them until we start ...I'm anxious too..
I wanted to print out more patterns and the printer says the ink is out..I just replaced the black ink before I left here the last time..cleaned the heads, all that stuff it tells you to do and it still won't print. ugh!

OK, what a great basket..a sewing machine too!

I have to giddy up and get the new thread posted..will do that today!!! Yay, hope we get lots of participants..

I'm repotting my patio tomato plant..it seems to have stopped growing..maybe it's the heat..it's been 90* plus for the last couple of days..
Have a good day all....H.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:44 PM

I wouldn't post my blocks, they're not ones I'll be using in my quilt. Anne, if you want to try a block, try #68. I don't think it's doable. You end up with 18 segments made up of 2 or 3 pieces and then have to put them together like a jigsaw puzzle. There's no way to line up the segment, sew them in the right place and then have the block end up a 6" flat usable block. It went right into the waste basket--not even worthy of The Box. I think the only way to accomplish this block correctly would be to do it by hand--and I'm not (rather have my gallbladder removed without anesthesia).
Old 06-13-2015, 05:26 PM

Ha Ha Ha Jan, you are too funny. I agree with you about that block..It might be doable using freezer paper with no seam allowance..I've see that technique somewhere...We had a block similar to that with the corner being inset and it's still in pieces in a plastic bag somewhere..
I tried to go online earlier and there was no service all day..so DH & I went shopping..I just love Belk"s Department Store..They have great sales.. $45 cotton Knit PJ's for $6.. I was able to get 2 pairs... Can't beat that!!! Bought a pair of Sketcher shoe that is all soft & stretchy...Like a sneaker but no laces..very comfy...
Being my printer ran out of ink I went to my old method of figuring out the dimensions of 71 It wasn't as hard as I thought..I noticed that with the rotary cutting instructions they aren't as I did them for the first FWS..there's only the dimensions of a piece that isn't visually easy to figure out.....
I was up late last nite so it's going to be an early one for me tonite..
Have a good day tomorrow all of you.. H.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

LOL Jan.... Oh so this new venture may not be a walk in the park......good luck ladies..you sound ready to start.

No Anne, the machine is not part of the deal. I'm getting used to it..the girls like to sew on it although Emily used the Bernina with the overlock stitch for her t-shirt dress. The stitch length and width are presets, but it has very good tension.

Oh a finish from Carrie...yipee....

Re video...memory lane...I'm still young and thin on the inside....night all
Old 06-14-2015, 06:58 AM

Hi guys,

you all must all think I am a basket case, constantly going awol!

a while back I rejoined you all after an absence, then immediately disappeared.

my dog jumped on my breast while I was lying down absorbed in a book. From there it went topsy turvy, and to make a very long story short, I am one week out from having had a mastectomy! Thank goodness for my playful dog.

it seems with me it never rains, but it pours! Of course it was my right side and I am extremely right handed.

right up until my surgery on June 5th I was sewing as much as possible while getting food, the house the garden, etc all ready . Physio gave me the go ahead to hand sew next week. Yay!

i am curious what blocks Jan and Carrie are doing so will back track to find them. Those pesky Y seams!

hope I have found you all happy, healthy and pleasantly busy.

time to do the first of three daily physio sessions. I can't have my second cuppa until I do them.

hope I get to stick around this time. I missed you all!
Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Hi Janie....oh my you have quite a time...glad to hear you are on the mend..
Now that you are cleared for hand sewing you will be stitching away making your pretty designs. Do you have any particular project ready to go?

Bills paid last night...now to get spare bed made....have car cleaned and clothes ready to go...have casual events and dressy ones in the same day so seems like I'm taking my whole wardrobe just for 6 days....need another cuppa....later
Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 AM

Janie, I'm so happy to know you're recovering and feeling better..

Ok, Have a safe trip and have fun at your events..

Now on to the good news..I just posted the new thread so we can all chatter away there about the new journey...I don't know what happened to the post. there's so much space between ...
Old 06-14-2015, 08:38 AM

Janie--good to hear from you; great that you are on the mend! I haven't started to sew any of the new blocks yet...just getting things prepped. I been trying to finish up my 2nd PC quilt (I did 2 twin size) before we start the new FW quilt. If this afternoon goes as planned I could be sharing pictures tonight....
Old 06-14-2015, 01:12 PM

Well we went ta Brady & had a great time. We did attend the annual HOA meetin' & that went well. We also have made several plans for movin' back there. There are still several obstacles in our way so it might not happen. I do have high hopes now though. Last week I wasn't really sure if that is what I wanted, but I do think so now.