Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 10-31-2014, 06:33 AM

I posted th others in Pictures http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...-ladys-quilts- hot256120.html#post6950767

Hope that works. Thanks, OK, for the hint on posting pictures. It worked well.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:56 AM

Hi Everyone, I'm over my Hissy Fit and I'm very enthused about posting again...

Nina, here's the website of the quilt your new quilting friend is looking for ;https://www.amishcountrylanes.com/Pages/hs851.shtml

Today is my son's birthday and I need to shop for a card, stop at the LQS for some baggie bargains and then on to Joann's, I have an extra 30% off that is burning a hole in my pocket..
DH & I planned to already be in NC by now but a medical procedure is holding us up..we have to wait another week for the results, then we'll know if we can leave or have to stay home..
I have been cutting a lot of little squares for the swaps I'm in plus for all the projects I'm working on & off..I too have Adult ADD...I work on all of them.. a little here, a little there. I just have to get the photos into the computer...my brain is constantly wanting to do so much and the rest of me is saying.. a little here & a little there .

I have been reading all the posts so I'm not behind in anything..I just don't remember all that was posted...
I have to go now before the day disappears on me..will check in later..
Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 AM

QNS, what lovely quilts and thank you for sharing your friend's work with us. 700 of them? Wow! And what to do with all of them? This is a discussion my friends & I have been having. What will happen to all the quilted items we've made? I've collected Depression Glass and Folk Art over the years. What will happen to all that? I know my DIL isn't interested in anything that isn't from IKEA. Maybe she'll have a huge yard sale or just get a huge dumpster! We laughed and decided that will be our kids problem--they can deal with it.

Anne, good to hear from you. Now I'm off to the Bat Cave and hopefully FINISH, yes I said finish, a project I started this week.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:40 AM

I hope youall look at the picture page there of more quilts. I will be putting the pictures in an album for her, and will enjoy the next show in their house when my neighbor can take me again. I suggested they find a good auction house who specializes in quilts and sell them and put the money in a trust fund... The only time they see their children is when they want $$$$$. And they insisted they move their sewing out of the dinning room and the table back in so they could eat there, but have failed to show up for a meal at the table. I told them, it was their home and live in it as they liked it to be. Children claimed they need to dust, but it was cleaner than my home! I say, let them enjoy their home for as long as they can. Just from lifting her arms to show all the quilts made her out of breath. And we were exhausting them, so I told my neighbor lady I was 'homesick' and need to leave, but I would welcome the opportunity to go back again.

My Nephew's quillt made from fabric that represents each family members birthday, starting with his in September:
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0001.jpg   1-dscn0002.jpg  
Old 10-31-2014, 07:50 PM

Sue, I hope that she finds the bestest place for those quilts. There are so many charities that need quilts!
As for the birthday quilt let me guess;
From left ta right-
Sept; Blue Sapphire
July; Ruby
Aug; Peridot
Feb; Amethyst
Old 10-31-2014, 08:05 PM

I had another busy day again. Hmmm seems that I now have a lotta busy days! My Apprentice & her toddler are in town so we spent th'smornin' & lunch tagether. Her li'le boy is such a sweetheart! They asked me if he was my DGSon at the quilt shop & I said that I claim him as one. SHe is gonna come over again on Tues as she goes back ta Austin on Thurs. I only had about 30 mins between the time I took her "home" & the time ta go & git my DGN. His DM said ta make it a fun day. He wanted ta go ta the park but it was still under construction. I told him ta go ta the game closet & pick out a game but he decided ta sit on the couch w/#2DSon's cat & talk his Great Uncle M___ inta turnin' on the oldie's channel. LOL He wanted ta watch Emergency. His DGU has been turnin' Emergency on every afternoon but DGN had ta git his homework done. Well taday was the day he got ta actually watch it. After a bit we did play a few rounds o' Left Right Center. The Trick or Treaters didn't start their rounds till about 9:00. I gave out a bunch o' candy. I kept tellin' 'em ta take hands full. A few didn't believe me so I had ta give 'em more. One li'le girl was so excited that as she ran back ta her DDad she let out a loud "Woop". I have 4 bags o' candy left over. I wish that htey had all taken more hand fulls. DH got a bit carried away when he went ta buy the candy. LOL (Most o' it is chocolate.)
Old 10-31-2014, 08:59 PM

We only had 4 trick or treaters, so we have a large bag left as well. We had so many more last year!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:05 PM

I bet it takes #2DSon 6 months ta eat the rest o' the candy!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:31 PM

Hi Everyone, We're celebrating my son's Halloween Birthday tomorrow and I managed to pick up a bunch of table decorations for 1/2 price today..His children are bringing the birthday cake...He doesn't know anything about it.. it will be a surprise for him.. I haven't done this in years...I had so much fun today shopping for the stuff!!!..I was very late in coming home ..I was gone from 11 in the morning until 6:45 in the evening...When I came in the house DH said he was ready to call the cops!!! ..

One of the ladies I know from work made an "angel" tree decoration that is so cute I would like to make. I will post the photo of the copy I made from hers...It is so cute and not hard to make...
Now to take a look at the quilts Nina's talking about..Later , Anne
Old 11-01-2014, 06:01 PM

Oh Anne it sounds like a great day! How did your DSon react ta the party?
I spent the day w/DH. We went ta the Huntin' Lease & set up some o' the blinds. DH would have done it earlier in the week but his back acted up. If it's not one painful thing its another. He will go huntin' in th'mornin'. I had asthma last night so I don't think it's a good idea ta sit out there in the cold w/him. I bet he doesn't see anythin' as they will probably notice the changes we made taday. It usually takes a few days for 'em ta git used ta the changes.