Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 10-29-2014, 05:26 PM

I am ready for a week from today; have my eye drops,and time to be at the hospital and time of the operation is at 9:15, so we will be back home around noon. Hoping it clears up my vision I have now and that I can drive again. But I am not complaining because several people I know have that d-generate eye disease and have to have shots in their eye every month that is soooo expensive.

My poor dh burned some boxes today and thought he left the fire when it was safe. Unfortunately, a spark flew over to his small wood pile and burned it all up. It could have been much worse. Scary.

Tomorrow I get to meet a new quilter; a friend of our neighbor's and see all her beautiful quilts she has quilted. Excitement is in the air. I am taking my quilt top made for my nephew and the pattern for it, I found in www.Quiltlerscache.com Blackford block made in each of the four member family's birthstone...four blocks across and five down. Not sure if the size is right now, so it may not be finished yet.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:40 PM

Hooray Sue is gonna see again! My Prayers will be there for ya!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 AM

We'll be here praying & cheering for you QNS. Hope all goes well.

I've decided I have Quilters ADD. I have all 50 blocks of the 50 Fab Stars and decided to make runners, wallhangings or other small items. Have I? NO!! I found some new paper piecing patterns so I've been making MORE blocks!! I need a quilting fairy to come in and make all my blocks into quilts or something.

Trick or Treat here tonight. Of course it's cold and blustery after a week of 75* weather. Poor kids will have to wear coats over their costumes. Have a good day, ladies--do something you love to do!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:45 AM

You, too, JanRN...do something fun today.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes on the eye surgery. If does as good as the right eye a year ago, I will be extremely happy...happy enough to dance out of the that hospital! Removing cataracts is amazing to me; of course, you lose your 'close' vision and have the 'longer or distance' vision sharper, but its better than going blind....to me. Dr. Clark recommended I go to the 'plastic' eye wear of 1.5 lens for the computer and 2.5 lens for reading, so that will not change things too much. Hopefully, less cloudy vision.

And today, I travel with the neighbor to see her friend who quilts. We will have lunch, then to visit her friend. Fun day.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:35 AM

Yes Jan, I too have quilter's ADD!!!!! I can't seem ta git anything finished! I keep thinkin' that I'll just do "this" & then I'll git back ta what I was doin' before. Nope. I don't even finish the second thing before I start somethin' else, then somethin' else again then.........!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 PM

Ladies, I was privileged to a private showing of quilts today that was far better than any quilt show that I have seen. this busy quilter has about 700 quits in their home that she has made. I will post pictures tomorrow; but my photographs will not do her quilts justice. I feel very humble to see all her beautiful work....well, all that she was able to show me, a small percentage of what she has made. No children or grandchildren care about them...in the right place at the right time, she could get from $800.00 to $1000.00 per top, I am sure. Its one of the few things she can still do with her health problems and enjoyed every one of them. them....her husband was quilting them on the long arm until his eye sight failed. I was blown away with the pure beauty of each one. I have never seen a "God's Eye" that she spoke of, and next time, she has promised to show that one. I am going to print her off a notebook of the quilts I photographed today for her records...to take back when I can do another visit.

She is looking for a pattern called, "Stars over Georgetown path" ...very similar to a trip around the world, but different. I said I would inquire around for it.

Good night, Ladies.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:23 PM

Oh Sue! What a treat!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:35 PM

QNS - how awesome that you could actually witnessed this persons talent! Can you imagine making that many quilts, and have no one to give them to! I am definitely not a very prolific quilter! LOL I don't get many finished each year! But I sure enjoy my hobby, and I guess that is all that matters!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:30 PM

Taday was another busy one as my DNiece came ta sew. After lunch I worked on sewin' the bindin' onta DH's quilt. Then I went & picked up my DGN. That doesn't sound like much but it took up most o' the day. LOL
Old 10-31-2014, 05:39 AM

Default Private viewing of quilts

Let us see if I can follow directions to show quilt photos; sorry my eye and camera is not any better than it is.
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0003.jpg   1-dscn0004.jpg   1-dscn0005.jpg   1-dscn0006.jpg   1-dscn0007.jpg  

1-dscn0008.jpg