Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 10-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Default Rainbow Lion

I forgot to post the Lion
http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post7343915

NS, you are so right, my knitting fit has cooled for now and I will start my block pronto. It was my Happy Birthday today and I went to the gym anyway and got kissed by my big hunky trainer ahahahahhaha

I am 75 now and don't feel a day over 32, my favorite age.....the age of enlightenment and couldn't care less ahahahahah
Old 10-12-2015, 05:50 PM

Best wishes for your birthday, Rosy! I've been slow on my PC blocks too. I feel swamped with yard work. We have a lot of trees and there's always a lot of raking up leaves and stuff to do in the autumn outdoors.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:01 PM

Thanks Givio, I admire anyone who would rake leaves lol. I have never done that and not about to start hahahhaha. We let the leaves fall where they may. Honey mows the lawn and that cuts them up and then they go back into the earth and so on....the yard is much better for it anyway. I don't do anything in the yard, oh Lord, I would sooner die. I love to admire all the flower and plants that John does but is as far as it goes lol....I will be sewing, quilting or making a doll and cooking but never yard work. I know a lot of my friends love to work in the yard and I always invite them to come work in mine when they get bored......

Last edited by Rosyhf; 10-13-2015 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:55 PM

I shredded all day today. I thought I was close to finishing when DH found another box in the garage! I finally finished at about 5:00PM. Of course I had to stop often. Once ta help DH load some furniture on the trailer. Lunch was in there somewhere & laundry too. Then I had to stop & go & pick my DGN up from school. He worked hard on his homework then he helped me shred some more. I was through by the time his DM picked him up. My past is behind me. LOL
Old 10-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like Bev is shredding tree leaves, too

I let the wind take the leaves...the advantage of living in the country...I rake a few spots in the spring instead.

Happy Birthday Rosy....

Been busy going through cutting instructions for FWS...on block 69 now. A big thank you to Anne for all the work she did with the rotary cutting directions...I've been referring to them constantly. A few I have drawn up in EQ to PP. I work tomorrow...better get to bed...
Old 10-14-2015, 12:03 PM

Bev, the paper you shred is excellent in the garden for mulching, too. We often lay newspapers down in the rows.

Happy belated Birthday, Rosie. Love your little Lion, he's so cute.

Ready for DGS on Friday, with another remote control truck toy. We never get to see him on his BB or Christmas, so when they are all coming, I get him a toy or two. This one comes with a pack of batteries. Like the EverReady Bunny, he can tun it without stopping for a week or two.

I think after I make my DH his pouch to wear with his kilts, I can get back to quilting in the QB room. I did too well in the Great Room, now DH wants me to 'clean' out his room, so will need to do that before Christmas along with putting the other two bookcases from the hallway into the Great Room.

Picked up some fall bulbs today to plant for flowers next Spring; its a beautiful day here, hope it is you all, too.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:40 PM

Thank you NS, Lovely day here today in Florida . I made my two blocks from last week and posted them. I posted a hello Kitty in the lion thread lol.....perhaps I'll get a chance to do my current blocks tomorrow.

Bev, we bury all sort of stuff in the yard, paper included, anything that will rot.

Last edited by Rosyhf; 10-14-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Rosy, I commented on face book. The poodles are a riot playing the piano! And the kitty is cute.

I bought a new Cast Iron Cook Booklet; recipes look good. Cannot wait to try some of them....sometime in the next week.

Feelilng better every day, that I not as medicated as I was with BP medicine, dropped from 280 grams to 180 grams...now I can get more done!

With a comedy of errors while fixing supper, we ended up with Choice C....A and B failed big time! Yes, I get into situations, too! Laugh and take a different route than planned.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:39 PM

Hey Ya'll. I give my shredded paper to my DSis. She uses it for hay for her chickens. It doesn't last as long as the real hay, but it is free. All our family give her some. She gets about 4 or 5 days of "free hay" every month. Well this month she will have a lot more. She always adds her hay (& faux hay) to her composter. (She has one of those barrel composters!) W/all that chicken droppings in it it does break down well.
We are gonna head back to Brady tomorrow, unload that trailer & head back home either on Fri or Sat. I do have a long planned trip to Temple to visit a quilting buddy. I will either go on Sunday or Monday. I packed up the purdy things in my curio cabinet today so that when I go to Temple I can stop in Brady & put 'em in the dinning-room. I packed those boxes light so that I can carry 'em. Yes, the top of all 6 boxes is crumpled newspaper.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:10 AM

We have a nasty chore to take care of this weekend. In the back garden there is a hole in the ground with those bad bees in it. Hubby has let the bush grow all over the place because he is afraid of them. We discussed it this morning and I suggested that he whip the bush as close as he can get to the area where they are and I would pour the boiling water in the hole and cover it. I have done this one other time in another part of the yard and it got rid of them. These bees are lethal, they are not like the good bees.