Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 10-29-2013, 04:41 PM

and YES the puppies got into the beans!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

DDamsel ... You're right ... they warm my ♥ to the point of melting it!
Sweeeeeeeeet little adorable puppieeeeeeees!
I can almost smell their puppy smell ... and feel their piddle on my toes!

**s*m*i*l*e** I'm a McSister!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:13 PM

Hey D_D...I am a McSister too (if you use my last name). Love your shurgs. Cute puppies too!!

QNS--cute chicken pic. Glad that you are able to get some rest, even is DH is checking on you.

Honchey--sorry to hear about your other knee now! Praying it heals quickly so you can tend to the other one.

Mirabelle--I am sure all your donations will be well received.

Sorry I'm not replying to all....shoulders a little sore tonight so I should probably stop typing and ice it....

Hugs!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:14 PM

GGal your trip sounds wonderful, your QBs certainly have a lot going on but I am sure you will enjoy your retreat and farts when you get to go.

QuiltE sorry no Halloween celebrations for me, don't yell at me but I don't do anything, although when we lived in the Northern Territory my DH and I spent all night sitting in our front yard as we had been given the heads up that local children had pooled their money and bought cartons, not the dozen cartons but the 20 dozen cartons of eggs week prior and were targeting some homes and ours was on the list. As we had just had our house painted we felt like we had to protect our property from vandals

Honchey, so sorry to hear about you hurting your knee, but men,well all I can say is that they are never trained they way they should be.. I was at the grocery store this morning and as I was walking to my car I heard a crash and a child screaming. There are 4 men who sit nearby at a café every morning and all they could say was "are you alright love". I parked my trolley at my car and walked over and this young girl had toppled her trolley and her young child had been sitting in it and got an awful fright. I helped her pick up her groceries and put them in her car while she comforted her child. These men never got up off their A$%^& to help.

QuiltingNinaSue love the chook and please make sure that DH helps while you recover from your surgery and in the future too

DDamsel absolute love the cute puppy, but I have to keep telling myself "no more dogs", just too heartbreaking when they have to leave you..

Now on to the eye candy, nailing DH to the floor was more of a problem than I thought it would be but this morning finally got him...

The first photo is of my Jelly Roll Chevron, it used 3 jelly rolls, 2 for the body of the quilt and 1 for the final border.
The second photo is my Tweet quilt, the embroideries are called You're Tweet, I hope the quilting shows up, I tried to imitate the swirls that are in the embroidered and I did a micro stipple in the small blocks. Hope you like them
Attached Thumbnails dscf0653.jpg   dscf0651.jpg   dscf0654.jpg   dscf0657.jpg  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09 PM

Now everyone tell me a BIG STORY and say I could equal that piecing and quilting....not in this life! Beautiful work Mirabelle, just perfect and beautiful.:thu mbup:

Cute puppies, but no more dogs...just cats for us, thank you.

QuiltE, my Shepard dish is simpler: ordered it from Schwan's.

Loved the knitting, shugs, etc., DD.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 PM

Mirabelle - some more beautiful treasures you created. I'm with QNS - just look at the evenness (is that a word??) of that quilting. And I bet you did it free hand. I would have to draw all that on the quilt, and it still would not look that even! Those little birds are so cute too!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... ice ice ice! I hope your shoulder is better in the morning.

MiraB ... Oh dear with your Halloween fright! Things are usually pretty calm around here ... at least I hope it stays that way. That's all I do for Halloween ... I don't get "into" it! The panel was just too cute, so I had to have it and then like a good quilter, used every bit of it in different ways. I used to buy treats the first few years I was here, but after a few yrs with no kids at my door, I quit buying. I fear that one of these times I will get caught with some surprise visitors and then I will have egg on my face ... and hopefully none tossed at my home.

Thanks for all the pics and closeups, MiraB. Your Chevron is a winner. The scrappy effect from the JRs is far nicer than the organized striped look that most are. Though your Tweet really takes the prize this time! You always amaze me with your quilting ... I'm with JeanieG on the "evenness" of those sashing designs. Do you mark the spacings? Have a stencil? However, I am also betting it's all freehand! Please Thank MrMiraB for being such a patient quilt holder so we can enjoy the fruits of your labour!

QNSue ... I had never made Shepherd's Pie til a couple years ago. Not sure why? Lucky you to have someone to make it for you, though it really is so easy ... and so tasty! When I do, I make lots, and freeze some single portions.

Good Night, Dear Friends!

Last edited by QuiltE; 10-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 PM

I've been workin' on that DQ that I was havin so many border troubles. I got it all quilted yesterday & have the bindin' half way on taday. Since the main design is a dragonfly I gotta hand embroidery the antenna on it. Dh was home taday so we ran a lotta errands. One o' which was 2 hours spent at the vet's office. My "puppy's" flu is tryin' ta settle in her lungs. She got another shot taday. She got one on Fri & one on Sat. She's actually a 4 year old 100lb Lab. She thinks she is a puppy though.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:02 AM

Bev I hope your "puppy" is all better soon, it is very traumatic taking our pets to the vet.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words, as to the quilting, the design in the pink sashing I marked a centre horizontal line and then spacing lines every inch so I knew where to "hit" to start the top or bottom curve and where to "hit" for the centre mark. I hope that makes sense. That was the only marking done on this quilt.

I am about halfway through the 4th Ron McD quilt and I am looking after my shoulder, spoke to a massage therapist and they advised hot and cold packs so that is what I do every night. I sleep all night without waking in pain and it only starts to niggle a little by late afternoon. Have been doing this for the last few days, it won't fix the problem but if the pain is lessened I am all for it.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:44 AM

Mirabelle--some more pretty quilts...great quilting.

For icing, my PT suggests filling "Dixie" cups (small paper cups; 3oz) with water and freezing. Then you tear off a little of the cup and rub/massage the ice directly on your shoulder (making sure to keep moving it around)...she says you will go through 3 "stages" and then can stop...cold, burning, numbing. It takes less than 5 minutes and for me works better than just laying an icepack on my shoulder. This will work for any sore spots...knees, elbows, etc. I have several in my freezer and restock when they get low.

Dublb--sorry to hear you have a sick "puppy". Our 80+lb dogs (also 4) think they are puppies too.