Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 123 of 998 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 122 123 124 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 9971

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Oh Carrie, that's great! Thanks so very much! I decreased the pattern (still too big though) and the height of the pattern is 8", so 8.5" would be enough. When I'm laying the pattern out on the fabric I would need 20" width. I hope this makes sense! I'm not familiar with your system so I don't know exactly how much I need.

GGal, how wonderful your son is coming home!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

9" is a 1/4yd by ~42"(WOF)...so you could line with the same fabric or make reversible ones...alternating fabrics. I work Friday (weather permitting...was supposed to work Monday, but roads were too icy, then today, but now too snowy, so rescheduled again...)

School time....

Question for all: would fleece work as soft flannel? On sale it is $5.00 a yard...I have white and pink leftover fabric that is extra wide...about 58 inches wide, very soft and warm.

Also need a pattern for a bag that fits onto a walker....for AIL; that is Mary's next request for Ruth.
    Name:  AILwithnewthrowquilt2.JPG
Views: 55
Size:  34.1 KBShe was happy with her new fleece throw. I have leftover fabric of the pink and white.

Here's a link to patterns but I didn't check them: http://www.sewingsupport.com/sewing-...lker-bags.html

What's AIL? Nice throw! She looks very happy with it!

Oh the fabric has to be washed quite hot (140F) so I don't know if fleece would work.

I do not either...fleece is often used in exercise...jogging suits...so one would think it might work. AIL is dh Aunt In Law; Ruth married dh' Uncle Donald...he is deceased. She is the last living member of the that generation.

When we had rabbits and chickens in the middle and late 70s, he would take time out of his busy farm schedule to grind and mix feed for our livestock, which dh's Dad, Neil, refused to do. Anything that dh's aunt-in-law needs or wants, I will try and do for her. Dh's Uncle Donald ask dh's Father, Neil, to look after Ruth at his death. So Neil did, and he ask my dh to look after her, after his death, so dh feels responsible to carry on 'cause of his Father's request, too. Dh childhood home was neighbor's to his Uncle's home. The brothers were partners in their farming of 1400 crop land and raising 400 head of Black Angus cattle.

Thanks QNS for sharing your story! You always have great stories, I love reading them.

Plants cannot always read a calendar, so dh's Christmas Cactus seems to be one that cannot 'cause it bloomed this morning...Name:  ChristmasCatus.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  46.2 KBthought you all might enjoy seeing how large his little plant bloomed. Better late than never. LOL!! Enjoy.

Carrie...I'll send $$$$ for Bam and Isa. I've been wanting to do something concrete for Anael and this works! I'll be out and about tomorrow and will get it in the mail. Please pm me your snail mail address. I think I deleted that mail.
    QNS...love the cactus bloom. Thanks for sharing?

I'll be glad to contribute too, darn I just sent the BB yesterday, could have put some $$ in there for the flannel and postage too.
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-30-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 123 of 998 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 122 123 124 133 173 223 623 ... LastLast