Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Between the lovely quilt photos and the "virtual" smell of good food cooking I am so jealous. Love the stories as well. I've been keeping up on the thread, but life is just not cooperating in affording me free time and when I do I'm beat so naps are good!

I'm still tied to the desk like Bob C, but have snuck away a couple of times. I've just realized that next Saturday is the kids' lasagna supper that I make 3 small quilts for--none started. Yikes. Last night whipped a 17" wall hanging together and have a UFO that I'm going to revitalize for a table runner. For the third one I want to make a folk art bunny hanging--working on the pattern for that one. Once I get the last two pieced I will quilt all three and bind. I have two GDF birthdays this month too. And a mystery block to make. Then horror of horrors, when I made my mystery block for quilt guild, I found my December block under all the sewing mess. So if "someone" is missing a December block expect it to go out in the mail this week. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Speaking of mystery blocks. I received a lovely star block from GrannyQ this past week. Thanks so much. Prayers out to you and your DH as you continue the dealing with your treatments <3

I've always said getting dizzy is a little kid's first "high". 4 yo GS spun around and around until he fell to the floor, looks up at me and says, "I upside down!" That was before he "waxed" my bedroom floor with hand lotion. He thought he was helping Gram. Not a happy Gram that day.

Back to putting side zippers in DS's overall's. It's to be -zero again Tuesday, so Mom would you have them done by then. He's been without them for a week already. Not my idea of fun time @ !

Later
Old 01-19-2014, 11:15 AM

Jan, after you totally empty the bobbin area manually , take a Q-tip that you have placed a DROP of SEWING machine oil on just swap the very center of the bottom of the bobbin area...do this after you have cleaned that area really well..vacuum it out if you have a nozzle small enough..do not blow into it with your breath...that just pushes the fine dust into the crevices...

Today,
If a machine comes with oil when you first purchase it ..it needs to be oiled..If it didn't..you don't need to..

I checked it out the minute I saw it in the storeroom of the gallery...It sews beautifully..I do need to clean out the whole bobbin/needlebar area..This machine will go down south next time ...
Old 01-19-2014, 03:39 PM

Hey ya'll I'm back from Brady! I just spent an hour readin' the 10 pages that I was behind on. Ya'll make me smile! I really enjoyed all the picts. I have some fabric that I bought...hmmm...I think bout 3 years ago...for a OBW but when it came in it only has 4 repeats. I do plan on doin' a 4PP but have way too many UFO's ta even consider it for a while.
I had a great time in Brady! We did install a few blinds & I hung some curtains in my bedroom. I don't like 'em there, so will pick up a different pair next time I'm there. Maybe I'll figure out where ta put the pair I have later, just not in my bedroom. DH fixed the downstairs toilet, & cut up a ton o' firewood so that when I go by myself I'll have plenty. We watched several movies that we haven't seen yet & I experimented w/Inktense fabric pencils & blocks. (It's a kind o' fabric paint.)
Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 PM

Glad you had a great getaway dublb! Nice to have you back with us!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Power Poster

JeanieG ... oh just go for it and start a SAW!

CarrieM ... great Kaleidos!

GGal ... so good to see you!! Would love to see your Kaleido quilts. Have any pics to show us?

Honchey ... looks like a pretty sweet machine! Love your fabric for your next 4PP .... or what about doing a OBW? For your casserole, I would just make scalloped potatoes and add in the ham (along with some onions!). Are you making your sauce first? or just layering in the butter, flour and seasonings and then pouring milk over top? That's the way my Mom made it, and never had the flour pockets, but I never could. So instead I make the a white sauce and then just pour it on already thickened.

OKSGlad ... what a whirlwind of activity! OOPS re charity quilts ... better you remembered them this weekend instead of midweek! How soon will Bob Cratchit be unemployed?

Hope everyone had a good weekend ... I did!

Met friends at a restaurant last night for supper, and en route was able to stop by an LQS that I seldom visit. They were celebrating the lights being back on with a 30% off everything in the store sale! So a mini-FART and got 2 cans 505 and a small packet of the Clover Clips. And .......... those double pointed needles I had been looking forward. OK, some fabric too which included a piece of the material I was wanting to use for my D4P backing, but was fearful I had enough!

Some sewing yesterday ..... and a good day of it today. A lot of time spent on matching the seams of this backing fabric. The tulips are each about two inches across. Insanity ... but I got it done! ONe seam is the full length of the quilt (vertical in the middle of the pic) and a seam about 1/2 way down the right panel. Unfortunately, the marking line is still showing in this pic. Matched?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457551[/ATTACH]

So that has me on track for completing my January goals ... still some to do, but we still have twelve days to go!

How's everyone coming with their January To Do's???
Attached Thumbnails d4pseamsmatched-2-.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-19-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:45 AM

No progress here...yet. Maybe by Thursday I will feel like it *and* have the time! My goal has changed to sewing something...not sure I will be able to do any pp'ing this month. My elbow continues to feel better each day, just not 100% yet.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 AM

Don't do anything to hurt yourself Carriem..you don't want to undo the progress of healing...

I'm so busy I don't know what I'm doing...With the 3 clippers coming my way I may not be able to fly on Wednesday!!! Ugh!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:14 AM

Everyone who stopped by this morning, "Hi!" even if you did not say anything, just lurking as your drank your morning coffee. Carrie, take it easy, and give it time to heal properly...Honchey, the weather is going to do its thing no matter what we say. Love your new little sewing machine, looks very nice.

QuiltE, when are you starting the Dear Jane thread? Love the tulips, and my eye does not see any seam on the backing. Progress is slow, but slowly moving here on January to do list. Finishing last half of second SYE for January... then back on 50 Fab Stars for Arizona and Arkansas.

If the eyes will focus, they are very blurry this morning. Took an Arthritis Pain Relief pill last night to sleep without pain, and it seems to affect the muscles in the eyes also...if it ain't one thing it is another. All sums up to getting older, but if you ask, I will deny it.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 AM

Here's the picture you might have been waiting for
[ATTACH=CONFIG]457593[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 19.01.2014-750-x-1000-.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM

Yes!!! Give them [{(hugs)}] from the SEWGrands. It's like a ray of sunshine to see their smiling faces!!