Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Blog Entries
    pokadiva thanks for helping judy with the clue i've missed her on the board hoping for her speedy recovery
    esther

Sorry to hear of Judy's being down in the back. Been there, done that, and it is no fun. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
    OK, I'm trying again with fabric array. If I don't get started this weekend, I'll be too far behind to catch up. What about these choices? A is lighter than B, and C is darker than D. B & C go well together as they both have blue, plus leaves go with flowers. E complements A&B, and F actually goes with all of them since most of the colours are in it. E and F also have good contrast. I could switch out C for one of the Alts, but then won't have anything for F that contrasts well.
    I am lousy at matching fabrics, but since I already have these, can't exactly go down to the quilt shop and ask them for help as none of these were purchased there.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 10-27-2012 at 08:22 AM.

Yea ! I will get to clue 2&3 today at my mini sew retreat this weekend.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    OK, I'm trying again with fabric array. If I don't get started this weekend, I'll be too far behind to catch up. What about these choices? A is lighter than B, and C is darker than D. B & C go well together as they both have blue, plus leaves go with flowers. E complements A&B, and F actually goes with all of them since most of the colours are in it. E and F also have good contrast. I could switch out C for one of the Alts, but then won't have anything for F that contrasts well.

I like the choices you have marked for A through F. The alt #1 could work for F also. But I think Alt # 2 may not work she had made a suggestion to someone else about directional or stripe fabric not to use them if you are picky about what way it is facing. And I am picky about that so I chose no directional fabric for this mystery.
    ​Christine

Blog Entries
    I really like Alt#1 in place of "F" anf those are great fabrics.........go with your A,B,C,D now, you can make final decision for E&F next week or the week after......have fun........if there is voting I vote for Alt#1 for "F"...LOL, no secret ballot here...(laughing)

Thank you both. I missed the post on the directional fabric, but I really don't like that one anyway. So here is my final choices. (I know I only have to worry about A-B, C-D right now, but DO NOT want to buy more fabric to match them).

Blog Entries
    Perfect! Sunlite's switch is the one I was going to recommend. The first F didn't have the same feel as the other fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Yay, the train is moving now! Off to cut.

Well wishes to those having bad days, I hear ya.

Welcome to those just checking in at the last station stop I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Going to try to keep up and finally pulled fabrics from my stash. I don't keep a lot of yardage (usually only buy 1 yard when I buy) so trying to shop from what I have.

Here's what I came up with....I love this print and purchased the gold and silver with it. So was trying to find 3 other fabrics to go with....

fellow riders, please let me know what you think. If something is too far off, I'll have to wait till I can get to the quilt shop next week.

Oh, and the A - F are laid out as Judy's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!

Vicki G - Have a Great Day !!
    www.vickigdesigns.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    Going to try to keep up and finally pulled fabrics from my stash. I don't keep a lot of yardage (usually only buy 1 yard when I buy) so trying to shop from what I have.

Here's what I came up with....I love this print and purchased the gold and silver with it. So was trying to find 3 other fabrics to go with....

fellow riders, please let me know what you think. If something is too far off, I'll have to wait till I can get to the quilt shop next week.

Oh, and the A - F are laid out as Judy's.
    I like it! All the colors go well with the printed fabricl.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Page 51 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast