Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 AM

pokadiva thanks for helping judy with the clue i've missed her on the board hoping for her speedy recovery
Old 10-27-2012, 08:12 AM

Sorry to hear of Judy's being down in the back. Been there, done that, and it is no fun. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
OK, I'm trying again with fabric array. If I don't get started this weekend, I'll be too far behind to catch up. What about these choices? A is lighter than B, and C is darker than D. B & C go well together as they both have blue, plus leaves go with flowers. E complements A&B, and F actually goes with all of them since most of the colours are in it. E and F also have good contrast. I could switch out C for one of the Alts, but then won't have anything for F that contrasts well.
I am lousy at matching fabrics, but since I already have these, can't exactly go down to the quilt shop and ask them for help as none of these were purchased there.

Last edited by Belfrybat; 10-27-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 AM

Yea ! I will get to clue 2&3 today at my mini sew retreat this weekend.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
OK, I'm trying again with fabric array. If I don't get started this weekend, I'll be too far behind to catch up. What about these choices? A is lighter than B, and C is darker than D. B & C go well together as they both have blue, plus leaves go with flowers. E complements A&B, and F actually goes with all of them since most of the colours are in it. E and F also have good contrast. I could switch out C for one of the Alts, but then won't have anything for F that contrasts well.

I like the choices you have marked for A through F. The alt #1 could work for F also. But I think Alt # 2 may not work she had made a suggestion to someone else about directional or stripe fabric not to use them if you are picky about what way it is facing. And I am picky about that so I chose no directional fabric for this mystery.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM

I really like Alt#1 in place of "F" anf those are great fabrics.........go with your A,B,C,D now, you can make final decision for E&F next week or the week after......have fun........if there is voting I vote for Alt#1 for "F"...LOL, no secret ballot here...(laughing)
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 AM

Thank you both. I missed the post on the directional fabric, but I really don't like that one anyway. So here is my final choices. (I know I only have to worry about A-B, C-D right now, but DO NOT want to buy more fabric to match them).
Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 AM

Perfect! Sunlite's switch is the one I was going to recommend. The first F didn't have the same feel as the other fabrics.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 AM

Yay, the train is moving now! Off to cut.

Well wishes to those having bad days, I hear ya.

Welcome to those just checking in at the last station stop I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 AM

Going to try to keep up and finally pulled fabrics from my stash. I don't keep a lot of yardage (usually only buy 1 yard when I buy) so trying to shop from what I have.

Here's what I came up with....I love this print and purchased the gold and silver with it. So was trying to find 3 other fabrics to go with....

fellow riders, please let me know what you think. If something is too far off, I'll have to wait till I can get to the quilt shop next week.

Oh, and the A - F are laid out as Judy's.
Attached Thumbnails 100_1404.jpg  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
Going to try to keep up and finally pulled fabrics from my stash. I don't keep a lot of yardage (usually only buy 1 yard when I buy) so trying to shop from what I have.

Here's what I came up with....I love this print and purchased the gold and silver with it. So was trying to find 3 other fabrics to go with....

fellow riders, please let me know what you think. If something is too far off, I'll have to wait till I can get to the quilt shop next week.

Oh, and the A - F are laid out as Judy's.
I like it! All the colors go well with the printed fabricl.