Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Here's round two of my blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice! I love your fabrics.
    Brooke

I love your fabrics tutt, you done a great job on these blocks

Beautiful blocks tutt!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Stunning in the Black and White prints. I think I have some of those fabrics that I collected to make a black and white quilt.
    Sweet Caroline

Hooray Hooray!!!

I just found this thread this morning, went to the take two site and downloaded sets 1 & 2 and got them printed and the 1" line measured ... so I'm good to go!!

and ... here I go NOW to the sewing room to start! I'm way behind.

I have a ton of cream with white print, and I think I'll dig into my scrap bag for the remainder.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Hooray Hooray!!!

I just found this thread this morning, went to the take two site and downloaded sets 1 & 2 and got them printed and the 1" line measured ... so I'm good to go!!

and ... here I go NOW to the sewing room to start! I'm way behind.

I have a ton of cream with white print, and I think I'll dig into my scrap bag for the remainder.
    Glad to have another quilter on board, and just under the wire! New blocks are out in just a few days. These two sets went together smoothly, so you should have no problems catching up. I'm looking forward to a new set as I have to attend jury selection. No one will want me on a jury because of my connections to law enforcement, but if I don't go, I'll be one the other side of the process. I should have around eight hours of sewing time, so Im planning to take JT2 and DJ with me. I'll prep all the blocks so I will not need scissors. I thought about knitting instead, but the locals started confiscating needles last month. I appreciate security, but sometimes...

Well I am doing this for my sister in her colors and I am beginning to think this is too much. I may have to add something to tone it down a little or leave it as it is and wait until I am finished and then decide. My block #8 is bigger then the others. What size should it be???? There was not a finished dimension on the paper. I think I may have to redo it. Oh yeah I got #1 in here too. LOL. I found it.

Name:  DSC_0503.JPG
Views: 159
Size:  1.07 MB
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I just want to say that I love the colors of everyones and I may have to do this one again in colors that I would like.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Ok - I was able to finish ONE block today. I had to iron and starch my background fabrics (I have 6 yards each of 4 different white on cream prints that I had to sub-cut into workable sizes for the project - these were purchased for "stash" at the bargain price of $2.00/yard in Paducah last year. FINALLY able to use them!!). I also sorted some of my scrap pile into a usable "bunch", then sorted by color and ironed most of it.

I don't have any freezer paper in the house so the circles and hearts were out of the question today. From the remaining blocks I decided on #4 because the first piece of scrap I picked up was 12" long and perfect for those 4.5" by 1.5" rectangles.

So because I only have one block to show for today's effort, I'll show you the front and the back

FYI - this is my first group project and I just found out about it today and joined on a whim. It's also my first "mystery" quilt. And my first "scrappy".

Oops ... need to resize those pic's. Be right back!! OK - that's better!

Sue
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by DogHouseMom; 01-29-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast