Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee April, 2017 >

New Quilting Bee April, 2017

New Quilting Bee April, 2017

Old 04-27-2017, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Oksewnsew, I can't believe that I missed this thread! I had thought it was a theme base and each person had to make a block and send to "someone" How wrong I was when I stumbled across this and actually read. I have gone back to January and printed out the patterns and now I'm playing catch up, picked out my fabrics and have started making the blocks! So fun to have a "change of pace with a different size".....Hope you don't mind me tagging along, will post soon.
Jaba, can't wait to see your blocks. Always enjoy your work.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
I work the hours the post office is open, so next to impossible to mail stuff.
One easy way to avoid having to make a trip to the PO is to use Paypal and print your label with the Confirmation info. It is a little cheaper than paying at the PO and can be dropped off anytime (You do have to go inside and use the drop chute, but it is usually in the body of the PO that is open 24/7). The mailcarrier would probably pick it up in your mailbox if it were a single envelope.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:07 PM

I had myself a sewing marathon yesterday and today! Thank you all for the nice welcome, it gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling
Yup, that's the swap I remember and everyone had a theme....glad it's this way, love making these smaller blocks!
bibliostone your fabric is beautiful, makes me want to make a Christmas one too.
This fabric I bought at Paducah on our way home for the summer in Wyoming. Loved it when I saw it and just had to have it of course! Don't know if all of you know, but Bill and I bought a house in Florida to spend the winters. We absolutely love it, nice weather and no snow. Most shock we had was no snow at Christmas but we got over it pretty fast. Anyway, here is the fabrics and I'm all caught up and ready for May[ATTACH=CONFIG]572192[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3424.jpg  
Old 04-27-2017, 02:26 PM

HOLY COW, Jaba....that's what I call a marathon for sure. Gorgeous colors. Glad you joined in. I had read where you'd purchased a home in Florida, are you eventually moving there for good? We didn't get but one little 4" snow during the winter(?)...I miss snow. Not really sure why it missed us this year, but---

The May Bee will be posted on the 1st, so be sure to subscribe to it. I usually post on the current Bee that the new one is posted.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:35 PM

Not on for a couple of days and this thread got busy !! wow !!! Great looking blocks everyone!!
Old 04-27-2017, 02:36 PM

Way to go Jaba !!! All of your blocks look awesome and the colors you chose are superb.

We will be leaving coastal Alabama in the next few weeks and heading back to Wisconsin for the summer. Our half way mark is Paducah and that's where we spend the night. In all of the years we have been traipsing back and forth I haven't had the chance to shop in Paducah. Just stop to sleep and are back on the roads before sun up.

Jan
Old 04-27-2017, 06:08 PM

Oksewnsew, not sure if it will be a fulltime address but you never know. We really love it there but it does get really warm in the summer. I guess it's a trade off of heat for the cold in Wyoming or air conditioning for the heat in Florida I know right now in Wyoming I'm freezing. We came back to snow and now just rain. 40 degrees here is really cold to me now, fireplace is running and pellet stove is going....
Cheesehead, you are missing out! Take time and go..it's a fabulous place to buy fabric....be sure and take your wallet you will find some treasures I promise. I need to really learn to paper piece, hubby found 2 quilts that he wanted to buy and I had to say.....so sorry....I don't know how to do that. A kit for me is not going to do it, I have tried and use more fabric to make a square than I ever thought possible I need someone to give me lessons for sure.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:45 PM

Nice block, Bibliostone! I like your color combinations.

Jaba: Way to go! I can't believe you finished them so quickly and great color combinations on yours also. I have done a little paper piecing but I am like you and use more fabric than necessary. I took one project and traced the pieces and added seam allowances so I could finish it using a familiar technique. Lol!

Connie
Old 04-27-2017, 06:51 PM

LOLO, that's me, Jaba.. I like to try my hand at paper piecing but---I'm worn out by the time I finish one paper piece block..lol Lotsa thinking involved.

10yrs or so ago, my son saw a quilt hanging in a quilt shop and said would you make that for me? It was over 400 Flying Geese!! 2 x 4 size!! Thinking I'd be 'smart' and use Thangles to make them, I started-that was a mistake. HOLY MOLY - I probably had a 100 started and gave up. Bless his heart, to this day he still thinks of that quilt. I guess I should really get the pattern out and make it up for him. I can make Flying Geese with no problems now- lolo

It's quite chilly here and raining too. One day it's 75, next it's 40! Guess we're in for lotsa rain/storms tomorrow nite thru Sun. morning. Ya don't know whether to have heat or air on! It's been in mid 30's last few nights. Good time to stay in and sew..lolo
Old 04-28-2017, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by rbwiese View Post
One easy way to avoid having to make a trip to the PO is to use Paypal and print your label with the Confirmation info. It is a little cheaper than paying at the PO and can be dropped off anytime (You do have to go inside and use the drop chute, but it is usually in the body of the PO that is open 24/7). The mailcarrier would probably pick it up in your mailbox if it were a single envelope.
Actually our post office in this small town is not open so we can go inside. We do not have a body part that is open 24/7. I also don't have home delivery, just a PO Box, so I just go with the flow as the saying goes.