Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Quilting Bee April, 2017 >

New Quilting Bee April, 2017

New Quilting Bee April, 2017

Old 04-26-2017, 11:57 AM

Very nice Innov8r..Nice to see blocks showing up..;o)
Old 04-26-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Very nice Innov8r..Nice to see blocks showing up..;o)
You know how quilters are...wait until it's due, then put the pedal to the metal.

I really enjoy seeing all the different color combinations going on. So many of you are much better colorists than I am.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:30 PM

OOOHH, Barb, don't say that - your choice of colors for these blocks is amazing. It's going to be such a stunning quilt.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:43 PM

Oksewnsew, I can't believe that I missed this thread! I had thought it was a theme base and each person had to make a block and send to "someone" How wrong I was when I stumbled across this and actually read. I have gone back to January and printed out the patterns and now I'm playing catch up, picked out my fabrics and have started making the blocks! So fun to have a "change of pace with a different size".....Hope you don't mind me tagging along, will post soon.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 PM

Oh, of course you are welcome, Jaba. I'm glad you 'found' us.. You probably remember the older Bee, that one was partner based and mailing, and 12 1/2" blocks. I just thought doing it this way and a new size would be something different. As you finish your blocks, post either on the April (if finished), or post all on the May Bee. That way we can oogle over all of them. As I'm sure you read, it's only necessary to make one block, if you want, but it is fun to do both. Have fun, and welcome.

Jean
Old 04-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Innov8r: Welcome and great looking blocks.

Barb: I have a hard time with color combinations. . I feel I am getting slowly better, however.

Jaba: Welcome!

Connie
Old 04-26-2017, 11:11 PM

Finally finished one!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]572170[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2017-04a.jpg  
Old 04-27-2017, 06:17 AM

Great - those blocks are going to make such a striking quilt. Ya done good... lolo

Ladies, there's still a lot that have asked to join and no blocks to show = time is running out. You still have a few days to getter done.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by luvcobol View Post
First Block completed for April
This is a sharp looking block. I like it. I have one block cut out, not even sure which one now. What do you think my chances are of getting on done this weekend and posted. I hate this draggy way of doing things for me lately. Actually even though I subscribed to this thread to my mailbox it doesn't show up. I get no notices. It would be nice if it would work right and then I would get reminders every time someone posted. It would help me see how fast the month is going. I just unsubscribed to it and did it over, maybe that will help. Lovely blocks all those that are done, I just read over all the pages I have missed out on.

Last edited by AnngelAnne; 04-27-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Oh, of course you are welcome, Jaba. I'm glad you 'found' us.. You probably remember the older Bee, that one was partner based and mailing, and 12 1/2" blocks. I just thought doing it this way and a new size would be something different. As you finish your blocks, post either on the April (if finished), or post all on the May Bee. That way we can oogle over all of them. As I'm sure you read, it's only necessary to make one block, if you want, but it is fun to do both. Have fun, and welcome.

Jean
Actually Jean, I love this way of doing this. I may take the whole month to do the block, but I am much worse when it comes to mailing. I work the hours the post office is open, so next to impossible to mail stuff. And on time...me...I can make an appointment on time, but that is about it.