Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 12-28-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
Lakekids, you have a plan now stick to it. Are you doing Bonnie's colors?
No. I am using orange instead of red. Purple instead of black and aqua/turquoise where she has blue. My oranges range from melon, to orangy pink, to flourescent orange to pumpkin to almost brown. It should be interesting to see how this turns out.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:34 PM

I wish people would post more pictures.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:18 PM

Carolyn, guilty as charged. I enjoy everyone's pictures but I haven't posted yet. One reason is there is already another person using the purple and green I am using. As soon as the quilt starts to come together I will post. I am still on step five but hope to get caught up this next week. People are saying there won't be more than eight clues so we are coming close to the reveal.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 PM

Checking in and here's my progress: Part 1 and part 3 complete! I still need to finish my teal-blue small string blocks for Part 2. I sewed 20 of my red-burg-purple large string blocks today, just need to square them up, and I have all but 10 of them ready to sew, for Part 4. I have all the pieces cut for part 5 and part 6, but haven't sewed any as yet. And, part 7 is tomorrow! Wonder what part 7 will be?!?!?!! Plugging along "slow but sure" and loving making this mystery quilt. (PS will post a picture tomorrow on the other thread!)
Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 AM

I still need to finish half of clue 6, and clue 7 is now up and running! I admit that I am running out of steam a little bit, but we are soooo close to being finished that I want to keep up and get it done :0) I am hosting a New Years Eve party tomorrow night, so I won't have a lot of time to sew today. Hopefully, the new year will bring in a lot of extra sewing time so I can get this baby finished.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:06 AM

Has everyone looked at step 7? That is more work than all the other steps and I am only part the way through step 4! Man, I really need to get busy huh lol. Hopefully when the little one is sent to take her nap today I will get to work on more of step 4. I have 28 triangles done, only 100 more to go lol
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
Has everyone looked at step 7? That is more work than all the other steps and I am only part the way through step 4! Man, I really need to get busy huh lol. Hopefully when the little one is sent to take her nap today I will get to work on more of step 4. I have 28 triangles done, only 100 more to go lol
I agree! There are alot of parts on this step, and the reveal is on Sunday. I am not hurrying on this quilt though, there are a lot of seams and I want it to fit together correctly. Good luck everyone, can't wait to see some photos.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:48 AM

So, I posted my progress last night. Now comes Part 7 and I am not finished with Part 4 so can't even start it. AND, the BIG REVEAL is Sunday......I know I can't catch up by then!!

So my big question: do I want to see the BIG REVEAL as yet, or wait till I'm caught up?!?! Such a dilemma!
I joined the Yahoo group and don't mind seeing how others think the mystery will turn out.

But, I'm leaning towards waiting to see Part 8 till I am finished with the other parts. Bonnie did say the instructions will be on her blog till the end of April, so I have time, right?

Anyone else thinking of waiting to see Part 8 till she finishes Parts 1-7?????
Old 12-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Karen, I could try not to look at step 8 until I have finished 6 and 7. It wouldn't work-----I would have to peak.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Karen,
I'd wait with you I have some units done from each step (except the last two) but none is completely done, I was gone for four days spending Christmas with my in laws (no sewing) and I am leaving tomorrow to spend New Year's with my parents, so I have been baking all day and will be going to work in a few hours, so no sewing and none until at least Tuesday if I am lucky, so I promise not to peak until then
Great progress everyone.