Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 >

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Old 10-10-2011, 04:32 PM

Jupiter! Good to see you - I can't wait to see the Daisy quilt!

I've been working on a Christmas quilt as well, and since I'm now finished (that's right, finished) with my PH blocks, I can finally focus on getting the Christmas quilt completed.

So, drumroll please....... Here is my last block - Sarah's Star. I like it better than I thought I would; that seems to be the theme with these blocks!

I've also included a picture of them all on my sashing fabic, as well as a close up so that you can see the pattern. I think I am going to frame each block in a thin solid espresso brown before sashing them, just so the eye has someplace to rest!

Thanks for looking!

Sarah's Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]269281[/ATTACH]

The whole gang
[ATTACH=CONFIG]269282[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-269228.jpe   attachment-269229.jpe   attachment-269230.jpe  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Wow - fabulous, Lara.

I love your sashing fabric and the whole gang look wonderful together.

We wanna see your Christmas quilt too.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi All....

Sorry I've been absent from this group for so long... I've been quilting! Actually, you remember the blue and yellow 12" daisy blocks I was making here? Well, I have them just about put into a king sized quilt for my daughter and hubby for Christmas. Imagine this... acdtually having a Christmas quilt ready before Christmas! lol

When the top is together , I will post a photo. My 6" brown and green blocks are still on hold. Maybe they are next to become a quilt.

hugs, all around,
Jup
You finished a Christmas present already? I haven't decided on gifts yet!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:24 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Jupiter! Good to see you - I can't wait to see the Daisy quilt!

I've been working on a Christmas quilt as well, and since I'm now finished (that's right, finished) with my PH blocks, I can finally focus on getting the Christmas quilt completed.

So, drumroll please....... Here is my last block - Sarah's Star. I like it better than I thought I would; that seems to be the theme with these blocks!

I've also included a picture of them all on my sashing fabic, as well as a close up so that you can see the pattern. I think I am going to frame each block in a thin solid espresso brown before sashing them, just so the eye has someplace to rest!

Thanks for looking!
Forget the drum roll! You need a whole band! Simply fabulous!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Thanks ladies! It's a relief to be finished. I think I am going to take a little PH break before I go back and start sashing. I'll still be checking in to see others' progress and blocks though, so keep the pics coming!

Deecee, your wish is my command. Here is the Christmas quilt top I've been working on. I just finished putting the borders on today. This is for my nephew, he loves birds and that blinding bright green. My sister helped me pick out the fabrics, so hopefully we did a good job and he'll like it.

This thing is huge - a large queen size (my sister gave him her old bed when she and her husband got a new one) so I'm going to send it out to be quilted. Too much square footage for my domestic machine!

The whole shebang, hanging over my guest room (sewing room) closet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270351[/ATTACH]

Close up of the bird fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270352[/ATTACH]

Laying across the queen sized bed in my guest room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270353[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270298.jpe   attachment-270299.jpe   attachment-270300.jpe  
Old 10-12-2011, 10:53 PM

Wow that is one enormous quilt. Don't think I would like to shove all that under my machine either.

It is beautiful, lovely and bright and I love the blue/green with the touch of mauve. I bet your nephew will be thrilled and you will be his favorite auntie.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:05 AM

Lara, how beautiful is your green quilt! Lovely work! I saw your last two blocks of your PH quilt and they are wonderful, too. Your collection already is wonderful and when it is together is will be spectacular as will everyones!

I, too, have many other projects in the works and I am afraid I have let them take over my desire to work on my PH blocks. I looked the other day and I have enough for 4x4 and I think I will let the last 10 go. I plan to have the star setting and use one of the other borders shown in the book. I will get this done, I just don't know in what order with my other projects!

DH and I left Idaho yesterday and made it to the Washington coast last night. We are going to spend a week or so relaxing and sightseeing. I didn't bring any major quilting-----just hexies to work on!

I will continue to check in with everyone. I have loved the contact and hope it continues! Love to you all!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Good to hear from you Judith - glad you and DH are having a relaxing break. Quilting is not compulsory. :lol:

Keep us updated with your progress or just catch up for a chat. Post a pic of your 16 together when you are able, we would love to see.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM

That is making up beautifully, Laura!

hugs, Jup
Old 10-30-2011, 11:50 PM

Hello there! How is everyone progressing?

I haven't done any more sewing but I have been able to purchase more of my black fabric.

Now to get back to it.