Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 >

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Sorry to hear that you are unwell Judith. Best wishes for a speedy return to good health so you can get back into that sewing room.

I have my daughter's baby shower next weekend and I need to get cracking and clean up the house, make food, organise and wrap presents and just generally get my act together. With all DH's recent issues everything else just got put on the back burner but now I need to get busy.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM

I have been thinking of you this week, Deecee. How are all of your plans for the baby shower? Here's hoping your timing goes well and your daughter feels so special at the party.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:53 PM

Things are progressing with the shower, thanks Judith.

Purchased frozen food last week and organised balloon table centrepiece for pick up Saturday. Have all the goodies needed to make the nappycake and hope to get that done tonight. I am not working tomorrow (Friday) so can wrap presents then. Saturday will be making the rest of the food that I can do ahead of time.

We are expecting 30 adults, one 3 year old and 2 babies so I pressure washed and cleaned up the outdoor entertainment areas, but we have now had two days of constant high winds and are expecting storms tonight, so may need to either do another clean up or have it inside. Don't think I have any hope of seating that many inside so am hoping for a nice day so we can use both inside and out.

It will be nice to see my niece's 3 month old who I haven't seen since he was born and my niece is looking forward to seeing my son's new baby for the first time. We will have four generations here on the day.

Hubby has been designated as kitchen hand for the day. He is cooking cupcakes and will be happy amongst the food so I won't have to spend much time in the kitchen. :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Looking foward to it.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:36 AM

It is Monday morning here and I have been wondering how the party went, Deecee. I loved hearing how the preparations were going. I was glad to hear how DH was planning to be a part! It sounds like everything was set to have a wonderful party!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:09 AM

Hi Judith - we couldn't have had a better day. :thumbup:
Sun was shining and everyone spread themselves through the living areas of the house and outside. Just crowded into one area for the opening of the presents.

DH was busy in the kitchen taste testing all food before it was served and his cupcakes went down a treat. My son and son-in-law came after the guests had left and helped to demolish what food was left.

Unfortunately my niece was unwell and could not attend so we missed seeing her baby again.

Our new granddaughter stole the show and loved all the attention she received.

DD received a wonderful selection of gifts for her expected baby and was thrilled that everyone enjoyed themselves so much. It was a wonderful day.

Balloon table centrepiece had to be put on a corner table to make room for all the food.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262434[/ATTACH]

Nappy cake I made for DD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262435[/ATTACH]

Facecloth and bib cupcakes made by DIL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262436[/ATTACH]

Guess who stole the show.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262437[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-262381.jpe   attachment-262382.jpe   attachment-262383.jpe   attachment-262384.png  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:03 AM

I just came back to say pictures would be nice and wa-la! they were there waiting for us!

The nappy cake was darling and the cupcakes, too. I have heard of them and seen pictures, someday I will see them in person!

I am so pleased for you that the weather was wonderful and the shower was such a success! Blessing to all of you. Sorry your niece couldn't be there, someday when the time is right it will be wonderful.

Hugs and love to you,
Old 09-26-2011, 07:55 AM

Wow, I haven't been to this part of the forum in a while since we finished our blocks. It's good to hear that others are still joining the group.

Sorry to hear your husband has been I'll, Deecee. But it sounds like he's recovering well so glad to hear that. AND you have been so busy. The shower sounds like it was fun. I love the nappy cake you made :)

Judith, hope you're feeling better and will soon be back to your creative self.

I'm in California right now visiting my daughter and family. I brought some hand sewing to do and have done NONE. But I am enjoying my visit tremendously. I've visited a couple of Quilt shops and that was great.

What will our next project be?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 AM

It has been awhile since I made a block so today was a good day to add to my stack!

Starlight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]262599[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-262546.jpe  
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 AM

I have been busy the last while preparing 4 quilt tops for machine quilting. I machine quilt on my DM. Today I bound a baby quilt for my mother to give to a sweet gal who tended Mom during her 6 week hospital stay earlier this summer. It is a panel simply quilted and I played with piecing the back. The other tops are ready to quilt and I will post pictures as they are completed.

Irene, hello! I knew you were traveling and have missed you! Glad you are having a good time. Did you find some treasures at the quilt stores? Good to hear from you . . . . til next time, hugs!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-262560.jpe   attachment-262561.jpe   attachment-262562.jpe  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by jtquilts
It has been awhile since I made a block so today was a good day to add to my stack!
Beautiful, Judith. You've chosen such interesting colors.
Yes, I made some nice finds at the quilt shops. I bought fat quarters because they're easier to travel with. Also bought willy-nilly with no idea what I'll do with them. I just bought the ones that struck my fancy...