Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-05-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
I see some people have started on their blocks. Is it time? I'm still contemplating colors and I need to buy the software, which I can do next week. I certainly don't want to get too far behind. :roll:

no its not time, some people are just practicing. this group has people that didn't do any of the swaps so they have to get their feet wet.

even a DJ 9 patch is hard just because of the size :shock:

user3587 11-05-2009 10:30 AM

the fabric prizes will vary but they will always be fabric made by me.

sometimes it will be a center piece that i've hand dyed and painted along with some matching hand dyed FQs, other times it will be a color wheel dyed lot or a gradation dyed lot, and then i also do marbling so i'd like to have some of as a prize.
OMG, this is more than just a little motivation, I'm in for the long-haul, My DH better find him something to do. He's retired so when I'm home he wants go somewhere or get me involed with his "stuff", not going to happen, have more important things to do.

kluedesigns 11-05-2009 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by okie

the fabric prizes will vary but they will always be fabric made by me.

sometimes it will be a center piece that i've hand dyed and painted along with some matching hand dyed FQs, other times it will be a color wheel dyed lot or a gradation dyed lot, and then i also do marbling so i'd like to have some of as a prize.
OMG, this is more than just a little motivation, I'm in for the long-haul, My DH better find him something to do. He's retired so when I'm home he wants go somewhere or get me involed with his "stuff", not going to happen, have more important things to do.

either that or bring the applique pieces with you and just sit or stand around and sew.

ai731 11-05-2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

either that or bring the applique pieces with you and just sit or stand around and sew.

Oh jeez! I'd forgotten about the applique blocks! I have to learn how to applique! Good thing I have my fabric mostly bought, and my muslin is drying on the line right now. I can start practicing my aplique as soon as I've finished cutting the fabric for the quilt I'm currently working on.

Klue, if you have time, could you send me the patterns for a couple of not-too-difficult applique blocks, so I can start practicing? I'm still looking for a good price for the software on eBay. Thanks!

Jan

kluedesigns 11-05-2009 11:09 AM

PM me your email and i'll take care of it.

i plan on putting up tutes for the applique blocks - i figure there's so many great tute for paper piecing i really don't need to devote time to that other then giving out the piecing order for the blocks.

the applique blocks will be different because i don't see people with tutes on the way i do applique.

BlueChicken 11-05-2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
I see some people have started on their blocks. Is it time? I'm still contemplating colors and I need to buy the software, which I can do next week. I certainly don't want to get too far behind. :roll:

I was a bit worried about that too, for a minute.

Then I realised, Klue has it all set out in a schedule, so while it's possible to get ahead, it's not possible to be behind. Well, it is, but not because others are starting a couple early. Does that make sense?? :?

Once the schedule starts, there will be a whole bunch working on the same blocks at the same time, so as long as you finish the right ones that week, you'll be fine.

Klue, can I be a pain and get you to email me a couple of the applique blocks too, just for a practice. I'm pretty confident in applique, and am working with fairly small pieces on a hand project at the moment. But might practice one of two as well. :-)

Maksi 11-05-2009 11:30 AM

Don't worry. I did make only a few blocks but I wait to january and than I start.

I'm really looking forward to begin in january 2010!!!

Thanks KlueDesign for organising this! :)

kluedesigns 11-05-2009 12:18 PM

i'm happy to send anyone patterns who want to practice or would like to see what the software patterns look like.

just PM me your email address. if you know which ones you'd like to try just tell me or give me a general direction and i can pick some for you.

Butterflyspain 11-05-2009 01:34 PM

I was just having a practice as well as I wasn´t in any of the swaps. I also wanted to see what my fabric would look like.

I will play along with everyone else in January.

Elle

sandpat 11-05-2009 04:32 PM

I can't even think about being behind at this point..I haven't bought my fabric yet...but I am seriously thinking about it :D I've been in the 2 swaps, so worked on a few of the blocks.

Klue, your prizes do sound lovely and after seeing some of it posted...it is certainly a motivator!