Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Fabric Galore 08-03-2011 02:44 PM

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably make a grid of some kind; I usually do when I make a quilt. I just thought it might be easier with the software. I'll have a stab at it and if it is too difficult I will pull out my graph paper. :D :D

sewNso 08-03-2011 04:07 PM

hey fab, i didn't use the electric quilt portion of the software to lay out the quilt with the colors, and fabric. i see you could even have scanned your blocks to have them put in your personal quilt. the program to do that, i thought, would have taken a bit to learn. so i just printed off the pattarns, and tried to follow the color scheme. didn't realize until later, that jane had diagonal grids of colors, because of the color fading of her fabrics.

sandpat 08-03-2011 04:28 PM

Actually Jane used the Around the world color scheme although its hard to see. I did scan in my blocks to start with, but fell behind (what a surprise!) and then quit. Nice surprise when I got it laid out in the end though!

Janstar 08-05-2011 12:39 PM

Congrats Lesley on winning a prize on your beauty!! I chickened out on taking my DJ to the out of town show. Having to sign a waver just made me shy off. It will be going into our big show in Oct. with ladies watching it and not letting people handle it. I feel better about that! I won't be taking it to the fair either because they just let them lay around with no gaurds! I'm with you Patti, very protective of my baby!! LOL!!

Lacelady 08-05-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
Congrats Lesley on winning a prize on your beauty!! I chickened out on taking my DJ to the out of town show. Having to sign a waver just made me shy off. It will be going into our big show in Oct. with ladies watching it and not letting people handle it. I feel better about that! I won't be taking it to the fair either because they just let them lay around with no gaurds! I'm with you Patti, very protective of my baby!! LOL!!

It was on a table, with a chest high fence in front of it, beyond arms reach, so from that point of view, I wasn't all that worried. It's going in a much bigger show on Sunday, where I understand it will be hung, so I might have to sit there all day keeping an eye on it - I've never been to this show, so I don't know what the system is - it will be a learning curve. I'll report back when I'm home again.

sewNso 08-05-2011 04:03 PM

congrats lacelady. sooo proud of you.

sandpat 08-05-2011 04:53 PM

That will be a long day Lesley if you have to sit and wait for her!

sewNso 08-05-2011 07:18 PM

I can't imagine the public being able to touch the quilts. I did go to a quilt show put on by a guild one time, and they handed out a plastic glove, if we just 'had to' touch the display quilts. they were laid across the pews of a church. really rather nice. but they kept an eagle eye on everyone. someone came up to me, and handed me a pencil, because they saw i was taking notes with a ball point pen. they were afraid that i might get ink on a quilt. but i did not mind.

QuiltswithConvicts 08-05-2011 07:32 PM

It's 4:30 AM there - are you having trouble sleeping? How about some chamomile tea to relax you?

sewNso 08-05-2011 07:35 PM

no, it's ll p.m. here. in michigan. just got done laying jane on top of batting. going to put the unbleached 200 count plus muslin on tomorrow. getting ready to go to work? got to go to clovis n.m. soon, and check on property we have there. are you close to there?