Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

mim 05-16-2012 05:48 AM

I'm glad to see you back, brookemarie. I think we are on a lot of different pages. But it is all fun

Mim

Geri B 05-16-2012 05:56 AM

speaking of dear jane software...I purchased it, and tried installing it......since I am really not a computer person...I could not follow the directions in the book so I emailed EQ and rec'd a very clear answer, but of course I could not do it on the computer and the tech left a phone number for added assistance...needless to say, I called.......a wonderful, helpful person (same as the one who emailed me) walked me through the process so kindly and patiently I am really excited now to try to do the blocks with the software. I did a few on EQ5 by drawing the blocks and they came out fine.......so now my bags are packed and I am on this journey for real!

GV09 05-16-2012 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 5217160)
Moving right along! Got very brave, or is it foolish when I decided to do B10 quite differently. Instead of appliqueing the "crescents" in place, I pieced the whole triangle and appliqued the background corner! Had a heck of a time getting the corners to tuck properly for the diagonal bands, but it finally went quite well.

Hi, Kitsie!
Your blocks look so great! Congrats!
A big hug!

GV09 05-16-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 5220224)
Hey guys! Its been a couple of months since I have been on here and haven't done any blocks since week 3. It was becoming such a hassle to scan and then enlarge my blocks to the size I needed, but for my birthday yesturday my DM bought me the Dear Jane Software!! I guess now I have to get my butt in gear and catch up lol. I am not doing the bottom 2 rows in my quilt so that it will fit on my quilting table better so I have rearranged a few blocks to take out some of the applique blocks that were there. I guess I will be spending the day catching up with the group and keeping notes on certain blocks today and then off to the machines tomorrow lol. Can't wait to get to chatting with you guys again! I was getting kinda lonely with no computer :(

Hi, brookemarie19!
That I nice to hear back from you!
All are in a different order, but we are having fun and helping with ideas to achieve each block!
A hug!

GV09 05-16-2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5220620)
speaking of dear jane software...I purchased it, and tried installing it......since I am really not a computer person...I could not follow the directions in the book so I emailed EQ and rec'd a very clear answer, but of course I could not do it on the computer and the tech left a phone number for added assistance...needless to say, I called.......a wonderful, helpful person (same as the one who emailed me) walked me through the process so kindly and patiently I am really excited now to try to do the blocks with the software. I did a few on EQ5 by drawing the blocks and they came out fine.......so now my bags are packed and I am on this journey for real!

Hi, GeriB!
Congrats! I can't wait see your blocks! Enjoy the program!
A hug!

GV09 05-16-2012 09:21 AM

Hello to all!
I hope that they are having a great week!
I tell them that in my house ended the painters!
Still it remains that come the blacksmith, the person of the curtains and the repairman of openings, but already the works have been completed! Will now be time for thorough cleaning, locate furniture and decorating, which won't be little work! But at least then we can enjoy the House painted and pretty!
I have not seen publications Linda or Anael ...
Both are well? I hope so with all my heart!
And Gus hope that its systems problems are resolved soon!
I will today begin to choose the fabrics from the 8 week! I hope to soon be able to show my blocks!
They have a beautiful day!
A big hug for each one!

Kitsie 05-16-2012 02:14 PM

2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

3 Attachment(s)
Ahhh! Finished row B with an easy one! Still Freezer Paper pieced it for accuracy! With B12 I took some advice and did not do it from the diagram in the book. I separated the center from the melon seeds and made the seeds smaller.

On to row C! Maybe tomorrow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335795[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335796[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]335797[/ATTACH]

spartan quilter 05-16-2012 08:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow, I almost forgot to post pictures, cause life has really turned busy. I am supposed to only work 2 days a week, but had an employee leave, so helping to cover her shifts, I have been working 4 days a week. Not much sewing for me, especially after my 10 hour days. But here are my blocks for this week.
This is C-10 Patriot's Lantern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]335885[/ATTACH]
This first triangle is TR 9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]335886[/ATTACH]
And this one is BR 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]335888[/ATTACH]
Sure am looking forward to the break coming up in a few weeks. Really enjoying all the blocks posted, keep up the good work everyone.

2 Doods 05-16-2012 08:22 PM

Hello!
I have been watching for all of your pictures. Everyone's blocks are so pretty! Thank you for sharing!
I started a Dear Jane with all of you but I am so far behind! I don't know how I will ever catch up.
It is amazing how much work interferes with my "me" time. I have got to get back into my quilting room and get busy.
Keep the pictures coming - they inspire this slacker : )

Anael 05-16-2012 11:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Gladys, thanks for asking! I wasn't feeling well but improving slowly.
Here are my blocks for this week:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]335898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]335899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]335900[/ATTACH]