Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

urgodschild2 01-29-2012 10:10 AM

Ok I think that I am figuring out this signature block. We would make a block out of the material we are using and then share it with everyone on the list. Then we will take these squares and use them for our backing. Is this correct?
If so, then I am in. I think that I would find it fun to make one for everyone on the list. But I also understand that this is something in the thinking stage and will not be actual until after summer or later????? Right???

Jeanine 01-29-2012 10:12 AM

What an interesting idea to use 3 colors that way. I love the way they look like that! Wow

Jeanine

Fraew 01-29-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4920655)
Anyway, I do like the look of the wonky pinwheel ... I think it looks more like the one in Jane's quilt.

Nicely done! :thumbup:

Thanks Jeanine. :)

Feathers-N-Fur 01-29-2012 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307214[/ATTACH]

Since I didn't get my week 2 blocks posted, here is my weeks 1-3.

Jeanine 01-29-2012 10:53 AM

I had not noticed that it really did look "wonky", I just thought it was due to the age and quilting. But now that I look at it closely, I see exactly what you did. I think I'll make mine wonky also. In the DJ book, they give a little picture of the actual block. I think I'll use my copier at work and enlarge it to the appropriate side - and use that for foundation piecing. Thanks for catching that!

JudyTheSewer 01-29-2012 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You are right, the block in the book is not like Jane's original block. That inner pinwheel square is NOT square. I got my colors mirrored, but I was pretty happy with how the block looks compared to Jane's original.[/QUOTE]

Here is an A-1 Block similar to Jane's original that I made in EQ7. Please let me know if you want more info on what I did.

mim 01-29-2012 11:16 AM

So many ways to do A1 -- I think I will do that again. At the rate I keep changing my mind, I will never get this done. But someone said that the journey is more fun than arriving at the end.

mim

QuiltnNan 01-29-2012 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 4922223)
You are right, the block in the book is not like Jane's original block. That inner pinwheel square is NOT square. I got my colors mirrored, but I was pretty happy with how the block looks compared to Jane's original.

Here is an A-1 Block similar to Jane's original that I made in EQ7. Please let me know if you want more info on what I did.[/QUOTE]

You're correct, of course. The very center is not square. However, leaving off the 4 outer triangles, the rest is a square on point. This center square is made up of 8 triangles, four like this and four exchanging the colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307225[/ATTACH]

Kallie 01-29-2012 12:23 PM

I am so glad I had not yet make A1! I love the look of it being wonky vs being "square". Thanks to everyone who noticed it as I would have just followed the pattern without looking to closely to the block itself. Can't wait to get some free time to be able to do this one!

TymeToShine 01-29-2012 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week three!
I was really dreading the one with the reverse applique as I have never done that before. It looked a lot harder than it actually was. I enjoyed doing it. Great to learn a new technique!

I love all the variations in color everyone is putting up. Makes me want to start about 10 more Dear Janes!