Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

karenpatrick 08-04-2013 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 6197944)
Ta da!! (That'll be $6,800 please - LOL)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426208[/ATTACH]

Sorry -- I couldn't get far enough away from it in my little courtyard to get a better picture of it.

Stunning. Great job.

CindyA 08-05-2013 10:06 AM

8 Attachment(s)
I think some of these are this week's (or last week's) blocks. Some of them are catching up. Well, I thought I could completely catch up over summer while I'm not at work but I recently came to the realization that it's highly unlikely to happen. I'll keep plugging along as best as I can.

E-11 Wagon Wheel (sorry the paper is on the front of the block, accidentally attached it to the wrong side). I love the way this block looks. I think I put this one together a little differently than either of the websites. I appliqued the center onto the background white, then appliqued that onto the square (green).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428476[/ATTACH]

A lliiiitle wonky on this one, but it's done. :) LS-9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428478[/ATTACH]

LS-2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428480[/ATTACH]

Love all my points on this one (I can't always say that!).
LS-6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428481[/ATTACH]

Nice to have an easy one here and there. Thanks, Monica, for spreading that out! :thumbup:
F-4 Old Windmill
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428482[/ATTACH]

Again, I'm happy with this. Maybe I am getting better as I proceed with my DJ journey.
RS-2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428483[/ATTACH]

RS-5
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428484[/ATTACH]

F-7 Star Struck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428485[/ATTACH]

Happy stitching, everyone.

CindyA 08-11-2013 05:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more . . .

F-6 Deanie's Daisies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429680[/ATTACH]

F-12 Starburst
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429681[/ATTACH]

F-9 Autumn Aster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429682[/ATTACH]

katybob 08-11-2013 05:51 AM

Wow, Cindy! Those are wonderful! I enjoyed seeing my skills improving, too, but I must admit that there are no melons in F-6 in either of my DJ's. I kept going back and redoing them and ripping them off. I eventually forgot about them! And I'm making notes on how you constructed F-12 for my next DJ in my next life - LOL!

Cre8tvlwyr 08-11-2013 10:18 AM

Wow Cindy!!!! you've been busy ....Jane and I have just become ever so slightly reacquainted :(
I had to go back to my E11 as I also do things differently, but you did come up with another way that works well by appliqueing that green print on top to reveal half melons - I did each separately. I love your points on LS2 and LS6 as well and wow on RS2 and5!!! an F12 - they are awesome!!! pat your back and smile :) you're creeping up on my total - actually no longer creeping as I am at a virtual standstill ...think there are still 32 - was farther ahead a few weeks earlier. Now I'm thinking of forging ahead so I can put sections together to QAYG because I am going to give a short talk about Jane at our guild show in September.
Keep up the great stuff!
Monica[Gus]

Cre8tvlwyr 08-13-2013 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
No words of wisdom :) just finally have two pics to post!!
Here are LS-9 [week of July 14 ....dont think I posted it even though it has been done a while] and L12 [week of July 7 and finished yesterday :( ][ATTACH=CONFIG]430092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]430093[/ATTACH]

Cre8tvlwyr 08-13-2013 02:20 PM

sorry - a bit blurry!

CindyA 08-14-2013 03:59 AM

Nice, Monica! I see your tri is not wonky like mine is. :) I've been meaning to ask how the other quilts are coming along. You must be getting close to your guild's show.

Cre8tvlwyr 08-14-2013 06:36 AM

Show is Sept 20-21 and I need to register the quilts for the show August 19 [yep that's next Monday...eeek] and turn them in a week before the show. My 85"x85" needs to be quilted and bound, the other two I just showed - all around town [64" square] and Inner Light [44" square] tops are completed - will make backs today, sandwich tomorrow, and then I've got some quilting to do! I have a Bernina 440QE and it has given me so very much trouble any time I go to quilt, I have quilting-phobia big time!! I know of so many who have tension issues with that machine - two years ago I had to 'unquilt' a 48x60" quilt and it was in the shop 5 times during the last 10 weeks before the show for a total of nearly 6 weeks. Since then I have found some threads work better than others. Not as bad as my friend who has an 830 [over $13K] - I call it the sewing machine version of the old Ford Pinto! ....but no one dies and the Pinto purchase wasn't as costly. Hers has even gone back to Chicago a couple of times.
Happy sewing! keep good quilty thoughts

Cre8tvlwyr 08-14-2013 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished another block - totally out of order ladies ....sorry - M13 - wanted some evening handwork and this one can really be done in a short period of time. The one recommendation I have for keeping those points nice and sharp is to press the seams open after you trim the four corners down [after you applique the curvy parts to one end and triangle to the other of each square]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]430308[/ATTACH]
and yes, Cindy, the fact I have another Jane block done means I am procrastinating the attack of the quilting .....ahem
Monica

....I've also found that if I take a picture with my cellphone and send it to my email I cut down on the time it takes to find that do-hicky to transfer from camera to computer, dont have to remove the photo card etc - the only trade-off is that the picture is not always totally in focus.