Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

gailinva 02-24-2012 06:10 PM

Bookworm.I love your blues!!!!!!

bookworm 02-24-2012 07:22 PM

I finished the blocks for row C!

Now.... I just need a trip to the fabric store for sashing.....or figure out where I put it.....

Chay 02-25-2012 04:41 AM

Bookworm, your colors are great! I've always wanted to make a blue and white quilt - also red and white. When DJ is done I'm going to do an Elm Creek quilt in blue and white so your quilt is an inspiration. Nice job!

GV09 02-25-2012 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 4993786)
Gladys, what a mess! I hope you can go back to sewing very soon!

SheriR, beautiful triangles! I made the same mistake too!

Thank you very much, Anael!
A big hug!

GV09 02-25-2012 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4994387)
Gladys, I hope all your house repairs go smoothly and you are soon sewing.

Thanks, TymeToShine!
A big hug!

GV09 02-25-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 5002361)
Jeanine - do what you can and don't worry about being "caught up"--- Just enjoy the journey! Have had to set the DJ aside for a bit myself as I am sewing some preemie gowns for a friend who had her baby 3 months early. The little girl is now 1 month old and almost 3 lbs at which point the NICU allows the babies to then wear more than just a diaper. The preemie gowns in the stores are too large for Shelby so I've spent today working up a workable pattern in the style Mama wants. Been awhile since I sewed knits so had to dig through my stuff to find the ball tip needles. Hopefully tomorrow will be a productive day in getting the rest of the 8 gowns and hats sewn up. Gotta sew quick or Shelby will be grown out of these gowns!!!

Linda, I hope you can do those!
The MOM and the baby will be very happy!
Have a beautiful day!
A big hug!

GV09 02-25-2012 06:37 AM

I really love all of the blocks that I have seen! Your colors are so beautiful!
It would be great to be able to make a quilt for each of your designs of color: white-red, blue-white, ect!
Yesterday was my birthday 47 and my husband gave me the EQ7!
I bought it in AQS and I can not wait to for it to spend 20 or 30 days so I get home!
And the best thing that will come to when the works finished... with luck! Hahaha!
I can play with it to learn how do you each block!
Many thanks all for teaching us to the junior, like me, all your secret of Patchwork!
Especially in my case, I only learn from what I find on-line on the Web. Because in my country is hardly known and there are no teachers of quilting in my city!

I hope that all have a beautiful day and great weekend!
A big hug!

QuiltnNan 02-25-2012 07:08 AM

Gladys, the EQ7 is fantastic, but the Dear Jane quilt is a separate add-on. However, with all the information on here and on That Quilt website, you could probably draft your own blocks in EQ7 as we go along, or from the book if you already have that. Congrats on the terrific birthday present!

QuiltnNan 02-25-2012 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I got this week's Tri's done on time. I admit, I procrastinated because it's just 2 tri's, after all. [LOL] I pieced mine [I've really got to learn pp'ing] and had a few cutting errors with lots of unsewing and resewing :) I'm not happy with 3 of the 6. On the red/white TR3, one piece in the bottom row is the wrong size... didn't notice until after pressing. I was considering redoing it, but I then read the saying on Brenda's ruler: " Finished is better than perfect". So I left it. Then I tackled the TR1... There's not enough contrast on the orange/gold one. And the background is too busy at the top of the brown/white one. I might redo those. And I just LOVE my correct-sized new tri ruler [see previous post custom ruler ] So here's the pic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]315287[/ATTACH]

GV09 02-25-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5006949)
Gladys, the EQ7 is fantastic, but the Dear Jane quilt is a separate add-on. However, with all the information on here and on That Quilt website, you could probably draft your own blocks in EQ7 as we go along, or from the book if you already have that. Congrats on the terrific birthday present!

Hi, Nancy!
Thank you! That silly, Lol! I not had them I also asked on the site of Brenda, CD Dear Jean. I only hope that the request is processed, there was not even a confirmation of the same. Both were my birthday gifts!
From that I started doing patchwork dreamed of them! But now that I've already been 3 years sewing and feel that my dream of a becomes reality small steps, I dared to ask them as gifts!
They were a great investment, because in my country purchases in dolars us costs 4 times more (by the exchange rate) more 2 times more for taxes, but I feel that I will really be very useful despite being in English and because of my ignorance of the language!
A big hug!