Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Fraew 03-23-2012 06:35 AM

Thanks Anael! Fudging as I used the word here means cheating...which I am doing more often with these blocks. When I measured for the border, my cut strips were longer than the sides of the pieced middle. I didn't let that bother me and sewed my white corners to fit, which was about 1/8" difference on each side. I cut the border wider than I needed so that I could trim to 5". And there you have "fudging". :)

Anael 03-23-2012 01:02 PM

Thanks Fraew :D Another expression learned (and how to cheat LOL)

gailinva 03-23-2012 04:27 PM

Thank you Gladys for the info on your beautiful appliqued blocks!!!!

katybob 03-23-2012 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Week 10 blocks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]322017[/ATTACH]

Fraew 03-23-2012 04:35 PM

Nicely done Katybob! :thumbup:

Anael 03-24-2012 12:45 AM

Well done katybob! I admire all of you who make 2 or more Janes!

Gladys, gorgeous AOTH block! I'm not that good at needle turn applique so I won't start that one! I do have the book but I will wait. First have to practice some more and find the right thread for applique.

katybob 03-24-2012 05:59 AM

Thanks Anael and Fraew. If I hadn't started the first one last summer, I probably wouldn't be making two at the same time. But, on the other hand, I'd like to make at least 6 more using the fabric everyone else has chosen!

athenagwis 03-24-2012 06:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Y'all have inspired me again. I started my Jane back with the last group in 2010, but never got very far. I probably won't be able to keep up this time either, but I am hoping I can at least get some more done. I won't be able to stay on schedule though as I do not have all the fabrics I need, so I am just making blocks as I can. But I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to you guys for giving me another extra push to get Jane going again!!

I am actually making two quilts, one is a rainbow Jane and is my tester (so If I make mistakes, they stay as this is just to get a feel for the blocks before I make them for real!!) and the other is in my favorite colors orange and blue. I had a witty title for it, but now I forgot ... sigh ... it will come back to me someday .....

The rainbow one is scrappy with what I have lying around and muslim as the background.

Regardless of whether I keep up or not, thanks to everyone for the inspiration to keep going on my Jane!!

I have attached my mock ups for you to see!

heyuitsme 03-24-2012 06:29 AM

oooh, the navy and orange is stunning!

CindyA 03-24-2012 07:16 AM

@ Anael - Thanks!

@ Katybob - I'm super impressed with your points on A-10. Is that applique or you've done it in a seam?