Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

katybob 03-24-2012 07:59 AM

CindyA - The brown one is applique and I used "that quilt's" method for the blue one. The blue one went together alot smoother than the brown one.

GV09 03-24-2012 07:30 PM

Hi, Ladies!
All blocks are so wonderful!
I do not tire of repeating it! Each work is beautiful!

Gailinva: your welcome! I hope it was useful!
Anauel: thank you very much for your words to my Appliqué! It really is what I like, I enjoy much to do so.
Yesterday I could return to my DJ, as before the works I had drawn on graph paper new A-1 block, I was all afternoon sewing! With great care and dedication, but could not finish. I hope do it tomorrow to give at least ended the week 3!
I am very behind in all of you, but I'm learning a lot!
I even learned to sew curves with "a twist", as it was something that really in 3 years had failed. It was not perfect... but it is an acceptable block for me.
So ladies, I hope tomorrow to bring here with good news to all you!
I hope they rest well!
A big hug!

spartan quilter 03-25-2012 05:08 PM

Ok, after hearing all the comments about "that quilt", I need to ask, how do I find THAT QUILT's info? So far, I have just been going with the book and the info that was posted at the beginning of this thread and anything I can think of by myself.

QuiltnNan 03-25-2012 05:11 PM

Spartan, here is a link to the site http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/2009/01/1.html
scroll down on the right and you will see a chart with links to all the blocks
the site's author has a tut for each of the blocks

GV09 03-25-2012 05:20 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Hi, girls!
Well, I see that today there was little movement here!
But I came to fulfill my promise and share my joy!
Today I could complete the 3 week! Yes, I know, I am very behind, but I began to trace path! Hahaha!
We turn to ours! When you did A-1 special, I fell in love with that block and as yet had not EQ, so I drew on graph paper.
And after many seams, I got my block!
I am not very happy with the Centre of the same. But I am proud to have been able to draw and sewing a block we only sew along in this group! Only I forgot to make the molds in mirror, so it will also be special for that! Hahaha!
Then I made A-5. I love it! And with B-1 I completed the week 3.
I leave photos and I hope they are to your liking! See you in the next installment!
A strong hug!

Fabric Galore 03-25-2012 05:36 PM

Gladys, Your blocks are beautiful. You did a great job joining the pieces together

GV09 03-25-2012 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore (Post 5090359)
Gladys, Your blocks are beautiful. You did a great job joining the pieces together

Hi, Losie!
Thank your very much!
Have a nice week!
A big hug!

spartan quilter 03-25-2012 08:02 PM

Thanks, Nancy. I had been there before, but couldn't remember how I got there. I am now adding it to MY FAVORITES. Then I can go there for help as we get to the harder blocks.

Anael 03-25-2012 11:19 PM

Gladys, beautiful blocks and perfect points :D

CindyA 03-26-2012 02:16 AM

Spartan Quilter, I'm doing it like you (the book, this site, and anything I can think of on my own!). I just used "thatquilt" for the first time and it did help. But like Gus I think it looks like sometimes they make it harder than it has to be (or at least it 'reads' like that). I've started a new file on my computer and copy/paste notes from here. I also just started a new file and copy/paste instructions from "thatquilt." That way it's easier to access when I get to that block. (I make sure to note the web address and date I retrieved.) And in my dreams I believe that I'll go back into those notes and make my own notes after I've actually made the block, so that they next DJ I make will be even better! ;)

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 5090289)
Ok, after hearing all the comments about "that quilt", I need to ask, how do I find THAT QUILT's info? So far, I have just been going with the book and the info that was posted at the beginning of this thread and anything I can think of by myself.