Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 03-28-2012 12:22 PM

Well, I do think I am fixed. I know I have been missing things. I have my fingers crossed.

meanmom 03-28-2012 03:14 PM

Paintmejudy I have seem pictures similar to the quilt you showed. THat is beautiful. Harmonic convergence quilts make a great background for applique. I want to applique something on mine. I am on spring break next week, I will try to post a tutorial then. I still want to do a curve one.

paintmejudy 03-28-2012 04:01 PM

That quilt with the flowers was one I just stumbled on, when I was trying to find the book online. I think it was from someone's blog. I'm not exactly sure what I am going to do, going to wait and see what else he gives patterns for in his book.

vintagemotif 03-29-2012 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Illinois along with Idaho and California.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]323771[/ATTACH]

tomilu 03-30-2012 04:48 AM

[QUOTE=vintagemotif;5101253]My Illinois along with Idaho and California. QUOTE]

You go girl!! Nice blocks.

PokerDiva 03-30-2012 05:13 AM

Wow, very nice. Way to catch up.

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 5101253)
My Illinois along with Idaho and California.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]323771[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 03-30-2012 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5101762)
Wow, very nice. Way to catch up.

Thanks!! Everyone! Seeing all of your beautiful stars was my biggest incentive. I thank you for sharing! I spent almost every evening watching tv and sewing. All these were pieced on my Singer 15-90 in treadle.

tomilu 03-30-2012 12:11 PM

The girls in my small group went shop hopping today and I came home with numerous FQs for my blocks. Now to pick out next week's fabrics. Looking forward to seeing everyone's tomorrow.

meanmom 03-30-2012 02:53 PM

I finished my Indiana block on retreat. I don't like the one in the book at all. I like mine better but it sure isn't one of my favorites. It is kinda weird looking. It seems to be kinda disjointed. I will post on Sunday.

Patricia Faye 03-30-2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011 (Post 5090615)
How come you are working so far ahead?

Hello Mona Lisa,

I wasn't sure if your message was for me, but I'll respond to it since I complete about 4-6 of the Star blocks a week depending on what other things I have going on. So I am probably way ahead of most of the members of this post.

I'm retired (2 yrs now) and have time to enjoy the things I love doing. PP is my new love or is it an obsession? I want to finish these Star blocks so I can put them together for a quilt for my bed. I find it very relaxing to do these blocks. I also participate in a Round Robin, 2 BOM at my local quilt store and 2 BOM online, in addition to working in my vegetable garden and with my roses (I have about 15 different rose bushes). I also do volunteer indexing of records for 2 online family tree sites. So I guess you can say, I like to stay busy.

I hope no one is upset or offended by my posting my completed blocks because that isn't my intent. I only want to share what I have completed.