Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 01-19-2012 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 4888903)
how do you print your blocks??? I do not have a scanner to scan the pics. so I am tracing them using a light box any other suggestions would be appreciated

You have to order a CD with the printable blocks. Otherwise what you are doing is good. Have a blessed day!

moonwork42029 01-19-2012 06:25 AM

Newbee3 -- you can also take the book and get copies of the pages (4 of each page).

My DH tore my pages out of the book and we 3 hole punched it into a binder so the pages lay flat for me to use.

As for what I will do with the blocks... lol... most likely add them to my stack of other blocks that I look at and wonder what I'm going to do with them. :)

paintmejudy 01-19-2012 07:35 AM

newbee, moonwork is right on -- that will be the only way to guarantee your blocks points will line up. And it will save you so much time and eye strain! Good luck.

Moonwork - your blocks are going to be so beautiful all together that you won't be able to stand putting them away in a box! We are going to have some spectacular quilts here.

PokerDiva 01-19-2012 08:07 AM

Newbee, you don't have a printer that you can take copies on? I don't mean scanning, I mean just copying?

newbee3 01-19-2012 01:41 PM

here is my first block

1 Attachment(s)
I found this to be okay not as hard as expected

PokerDiva 01-19-2012 01:52 PM

Wow, very very pretty. Good job.

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 4890727)

tomilu 01-19-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 4890727)

See there, you can do this!!!! Very pretty.

Mad Mimm 01-19-2012 03:57 PM

Pretty block Newbie! Everyone is doing such a great job and there is so much diversity in colors and fabrics that I am really loving this thread! I am totally bummed I have not yet even cut my fabric for my Arizona block - have been having long, hard nights with the baby and just haven't had the energy to tackle it. Not to worried about getting behind, more that I am just excited to see how the block turns out as it will be the first to feature the green fabrics I am using. Wish this darned baby would sleep so I can sew!!

Looking forward to Sunday and seeing everyone's blocks posted! Keep up the great work everyone!

Vanogay 01-19-2012 04:05 PM

Glad to see your work Newbee3. Each block has something different, yet they are all the same. One number follows the one before it- just one step at a time. Keep up the good work. I figure I'm making one decent size quilt and maybe a lap quilt or two from all these blocks.

ckcowl 01-19-2012 04:07 PM

when i first bought my book i took it to a printer's shop- they cut the binding, put 3 holes in the pages, put them in a 3-ring binder- putting the cover of the book on the front of the binder- all for under $10---it was well worth it- now all i have to do is take out the page i need - put it on the copier- make 4 copies- replace the page- easy and inexpensive. :)
boy- the blocks just keep getting better & better!