Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

sandpat 03-29-2011 04:11 PM

Sounds like things are falling into place for you Ducks! I usually like doing embroidery, but this thread is hard to work with....absolutely worth it...but still, a bit difficult. I do like the stitching though!

I went to the LQS to find the background for my trapunto blocks for the center section of my quilt AND for the flange that I plan to use with the little borders. Guess what.....I came home with 5 ---1/8 yrd cuts to use applique pieces and some refill lead for my SewLine pencil...barely $20.00 worth. GRRRRR!!!! I could NOT believe that I couldn't find anything. Oh well....it just means that I'll have to make another trip.......:wink:...Darn it....

Ducky 03-29-2011 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Sounds like things are falling into place for you Ducks! I usually like doing embroidery, but this thread is hard to work with....absolutely worth it...but still, a bit difficult. I do like the stitching though!

I went to the LQS to find the background for my trapunto blocks for the center section of my quilt AND for the flange that I plan to use with the little borders. Guess what.....I came home with 5 ---1/8 yrd cuts to use applique pieces and some refill lead for my SewLine pencil...barely $20.00 worth. GRRRRR!!!! I could NOT believe that I couldn't find anything. Oh well....it just means that I'll have to make another trip.......:wink:...Darn it....

Oh, Darlin', I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to make another LQS trip. I just hate the thought of you having to do that, so you better take me along with you....you know, for moral support.

sandpat 03-29-2011 04:47 PM

OK Ducky...come on....maybe you better start heading this way right now...you might need to catch a good tail wind....

QuiltswithConvicts 03-29-2011 07:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, opinions needed - I have sewn the center 16 blocks together and laid them on top of the fabric I bought for the narrow border. I think I like it, but I'm not sure. What do you all think? Below are 2 pics - one of the whole center laying on the yardage and the other is a closeup of just a smidge of the fabric showing.

Come on now, don't be shy. I won't be offended by the remarks. After all, I'm not really sure if I LOVE it or just sorta like it, or don't really like it at all.

Center on yardage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177212[/ATTACH]

CLose-up of fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]177213[/ATTACH]

QuiltswithConvicts 03-29-2011 07:29 PM

Just put up a thread for posting pics of the 16 center blocks. Here is the link. It is also found under the Topic Lists at the bottom of any page.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111863-1.htm

JudyG 03-29-2011 07:37 PM

I do like your border fabric, and I am astounded at how beautiful your center blocks are. You are going to have one magnificent quilt.

Butterflyspain 03-30-2011 12:53 AM

I do like it Kathy, think I know what you mean though, perhaps a bit brighter fabric, its a quilt that has very strong colours, donīt know probably wrong. however when I look at the large border it looks really lovely. Your quilt is going to be a stunner.

Lacelady 03-30-2011 02:44 AM

I think its really pretty Kathy - I couldn't get anything like that, which is why I am appliqueing mine - less multi colour to see, but a shape to look at. I think also a trick to do would be to use some of it in subsequent blocks, to tie it in.

sandpat 03-30-2011 04:39 AM

I so totally get what you are saying Kathy. When I went shopping yesterday the things that I liked just faded away beside the blocks. I thought some of them would be strong enough, but they faded...I kinda think your fabric is doing the same thing. Its hard...on the 1 hand, you don't want it to take away from the center, but on the other hand you don't want it to fade away either. I think your choice will certainly work..but knowing me, I'd have to take the center to the store and look around a little more...just to make sure..:roll:

Your blocks look fantastic all together too! I'm trying to look closely so I can see your quilting! I'll hustle over to the new thread and hope you put a close up there..:wink:

Ducky 03-30-2011 06:12 AM

Kathy, first of all, it is looking fantastic! Wow, what a pretty one this is going to be. Also, I truly like that border fabric. Your blocks pull out the individual colors, and it looks so pretty next to the black. Just one duck's opinion.