Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 5 Blocks "Best of All & Best Friend" PHOTO Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-5-blocks-best-all-best-friend-photo-page-t177705.html)

QuiltE 02-05-2012 09:05 PM

Thanks Ladies for the welcome and kind words!

OKSGlad ... geesh, stirring those ashes and you put smoke in my eyes! :) I was thinking about you tonight when I was PPing and wondered how you were making out with PPing? (as I was cursing at trying to do PP AND fussy cutting together!)

JeanieG ... Hey, I have times like that when my fingers don't want to cooperate on the keyboard! Sadly, the top of puppy's head got cut off a little in the FC/PP. :( And then after the block was finished, I found a far nicer Goldie in a different fabric ... so another time!

DublB ... What? No football in that block? You'll always remember when you did that block!! At least, I can often remember things that were happening when I did a block ... or even the movie I had on TV at the time. I liked the green when I was choosing my fabrics ... and not so fussy with the finish. It just seems to be too much in your face!

dublb 02-05-2012 09:09 PM

No footballs, just blue pieces out o' place.:eek:

QuiltE 02-05-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4947043)
No footballs, just blue pieces out o' place.:eek:

duhhhhhhhhhhhh ... I didn't even notice that ... and even when I went back to look, it took me a few moments to SEE!! :) I'll blame it on the fact I should be in bed!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

dublb 02-05-2012 09:18 PM

It is late, I should be sandering (sp?) off that way!
But you're right about remembering what I was doing when I made that block! I'm not gon'na change it!

JanieW 02-05-2012 09:23 PM

About time, QuiltE!!! Nice blocks. Fussy cutting and pp ing are not meant to go together.

Love the pink and brown, Leba. I'm a polka dot lover, too.

Bev, your block is so colourful, I didn't notice the mistake til you pointed it out.

JeanieG 02-05-2012 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4946857)
This is what happens when you watch The Super Bowl while sewing!

Is there something wrong with it? It looks fine to me. Do any of you know how many times I had to rip out those darn triangles, I kept getting them going the wrong way! Arrrrgggg

Oh, now that you told us what is wrong, I see it. I did the same thing! I had to take it apart and fix it! That block gave me a lot of trouble as you can see!

Anael 02-06-2012 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So many beautiful blocks! It's great to see how different the same can be :D
Here's my Best Friend.

gardnergal970 02-06-2012 06:15 AM

Leba...your pink and brown look so good. Is this quilt for a special little girl?

NinaSue...what a treasure that your blocks tell such real stories with the pictures you're using. That's passing on history!

QuiltE...sharp blocks now that you were able to saddle up. Are you planning to use the same background for all our your blocks? It does give a nice effect.

Anel....your blocks are always so well done and you achieve such great balance in each one. I'm learning from you.

Anael 02-06-2012 06:38 AM

Gardnergal, thank you so much for your compliments!

JanieW 02-06-2012 07:25 AM

Anael ,
I think your blocks are great. The colour co ordination is very well done.

JeanieG,
I don't know how I missed seeing yours but wow am I ever glad I found them. Well done. You have those horses in just perfect and the greens are just right.