Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 02-09-2015 12:31 PM

His birthday was the 5th and we had a Sam's club cake this past Sunday...we're keeping visits short..time wise..they stayed a little over one hour...
Thanks for the offer of a scrappy pattern. I love scrappy!!!

dublb 02-09-2015 12:53 PM

Anne, Such good news about your DH's sessions ta be almost over. I think I am almost well. Still a few dizzy spells but mostly alright. DNiece is gonna bring DGNephew over taday. I hope I can drive real soon.

janRN 02-09-2015 02:24 PM

Only 39 days til Spring!!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-09-2015 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
JanRN, our garden centers are all setting up for spring, with big plastic wrapped palates of Miracle Grow soil, etc. With Easter the second Sunday in March, they are getting ready now.

Don't you just love a pattern that shows one set of instructions and they don't match with the Math?[ATTACH=CONFIG]509462[/ATTACH] Midnight Garden free pattern from McCall's with 2 1/2 inch strips, except the center which is 4 1/2 inches with the 2 1/2 inch square center. The trio in the center on each side is formed as a 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 not the three strips of 2 1/2 sewn together. So the pattern will have corrections on it written in by me, Honchey. But four patches on each side would work out, too, so there are choices on this block. Using my KT fabric, and loving it.

So good to be back into the quilting room, I hope I can see to do more of it. Today was a good day. Read the first book last couple of nights, since all the surgery and eye problems. Standing upright without the aid of a cane, is also good news on the health front. Hope everyone continues in good health.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-10-2015 07:37 AM

Good Morning!????? PCers must be busy with their lives, hope all is well.

Honchey 02-10-2015 11:05 AM

I thought I was working today and found out via cell phone on my way to work that I wasn't!!!

Thanks Nina for the Pattern...looks like something I would like to make..adding it to my list:)

You must be feeling good you're so bright and chipper:D

The sun came out this afternoon and it's about 36* but it's so damp it feels colder...I have to start cutting a bunch a candies for a swap that I'm in...love those candies!!!

oksewglad 02-10-2015 07:57 PM

Been under the weather...stomach upset and sore muscles all day--especially back and hips. This aging thing sucks today.

Honchey 02-10-2015 08:23 PM

Gosh, Ok, I hope you get better soon...rest a bit every day..Take the time..make it a priority...A very strange thing happened after I got the flu shot..I didn't attribute it to the flu shot because I've always had the aches ...I was achy & sore for quite awhile even when I was in NC for Thanksgiving then we came home and I went to work for a few days and then I developed the upper respritory? infection, sinus all that stuff.I had taken 2 separate doses of antibiotics and when I finally got rid of all the gunk in my chest I noticed that I haven't had that all over achiness and soreness anymore... I feel so much better and I'm wondering why...I can even vacuum and my back won't bother me the next day..It's a mystery!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-10-2015 08:25 PM

Sorry, ok, hope tomorrow will be better. Drink lots of liquid and get some rest. You, too, Dublb, and hope you feel better, also.

Yes, Honchey, I am finally feeling better than I have been this last year. I cooked dh a good meal this evening, the first time, I think, since my basal cell surgery on my nose. It was a good day, bright and sunny outside, more snow left the scene as water.

Finish laundry tomorrow and put my clothes away again. Enjoyed a hot shower, clean bedding for the night. Cleaned Mega's cage. Fixed dh a apricot bread pudding to enjoy. Tomorrow may find me in the QR sewing again!

May it be a good Wednesday for all of you...and hope you all will feel better than today.

dublb 02-10-2015 08:46 PM

Gosh I felt so good that I worked on cuttin' up jeans. I have a ton o' 'em. I have been savin' 'em for years & years! I think I can make some head way in the sewin' room if I first git all these tubs o' jeans all cut up & the parts sorted.