Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 02-24-2015 12:22 PM

We only got about 1/3" of rain, but it is better than nothing. And yes Anne, everything is sooo green here! Love it!

My friend gave me 4 bags of baby clothes that her granddaughter was getting rid of. A lot of baby boy things
and New Born girls clothes, which I cannot use (the youngest grandson is 4). I am giving them away on Freecycle. I've separated the 3-6 month and older baby girl items by sizes and am bagging them up to take to Phoenix next time we go. My granddaughters in Phoenix are 19 months and almost 4 months old.

I am still working on Grand Illusion and using the new Mystery Train ride as beginners/enders.

oksewglad 02-24-2015 03:51 PM

Had unexpected company for lunch...fixed chili last night..ran to town to have blood work done and home before she arrived. Nice day of conversation..

I was thinking of using just the cornerstones in the sashes of the mystery. I decided to get one mystery done before starting another....

Honchey 02-24-2015 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeanie, I love freecycle..Most of the "vintage" machines I have came from Freecycle..Just picked up a box of the 6lb Duraflame logs.. they come in handy when the wood is damp and you want a "fire"..

I finished step 3 of the Mystery and I added more red to the remaining blocks.. now to add the sashing...ok gals, what color would you use for the sashing & cornersones?

janRN 02-24-2015 06:10 PM

I like that, Anne. I think I'd use white sashing with dark cornerstones. The last wallhanging I did I used white sashing and really like how it makes all the colors seem so crisp. I had always used dark sashing. Lots of pretty colors--that's so cheery! Another thought--it's kind of neat without sashing; makes a nice secondary pattern with the 4 color squares. Hmm, guess I'm not much help.

dublb 02-24-2015 06:10 PM

Honchey I just love your mystery blocks as they are. Just sew 'em tagether w/out sashin' or cornerstones! They are sooooooo purdy. :)
OK that sounds great ta have a DF for lunch. :)
It thawed out taday but we have a 100% for rain & snow just after midnight.

JeanieG 02-24-2015 09:05 PM

Love your quilt Anne! I would audition it with cream and black along with the white!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 02-25-2015 06:21 AM

Anne, I lvoe it without the slashing and seeing another 'hidden' block come into view. Maybe an off white with a very dark colored cornerstone if you try looking at it that way.

Three ring circus here last evening; PW was here to learn more about quilting, Schwan's man came and dh was talking to both of them also. I showed PW my star crossed pattern and how to make the half triangles for the stars. We will go to Cantril together next week and look at more fabric...and shop for a few groceries. Dh chair lift quit working and had to order a part for it....$$$ worth...so he can fix it.

Where o where is Spring????

dublb 02-25-2015 05:44 PM

I agree Where oh where is spring?!
Youngest DGS was here th'smornin & DGN had an early release day th'safternoon. So it was a day for boys! LOL I took my DGN ta the store & we bought the ingredients for a recipe. Then we came home & he cooked supper for his DM. :) He had ta read that recipe over & over. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-26-2015 07:30 AM

Good for you, Dublb, he had to read it over and over again, learning to read, know what he read and figure out the math in the recipe.

JeanieG, what lovely ages for grand children! So many of you are so lucky to have more than one grandchild! Enjoy and give them an extra hug.

It is sooooo wonderful to be able to see to sew again! And sew hard to pull myself away from the sewing machine! My 8 1/2 star blocks are coming out so nice it surprises me. Had to go back and re-sew a few seams in CA Gold that were not connecting right, but I found them! Just a joy to watch each quilt block come together and be the correct size, and to be able to see again. Wow. I am so thankful I can see to sew again. Have a great day, hope you can work inside and not have to brave the cold today...cold and an inch of snow here.

janRN 02-26-2015 09:30 AM

What a blessing for you QNS--so glad you're eyesight has improved and you are enjoying sewing so much. You have been a busy bee!