Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-27-2015 02:24 PM

JeanieG, I love your greens and cream. Cool colors to use in CA.

Honchey, I love batiks and the many colors in that fabric line. A bf gave me about 3 totes of them, and I enjoy looking at the fabric.

The Star Crossed pattern calls for 25 stars....did not sound like that many at first....love the pattern but I am sooo slow. Do love the look and accuracy I am getting on each one since I can see now.

Spring has sprung here with MO Dot beginning its construction March 8th by redoing a bridge between us and Highway 63, so it will take another thirty to sixty minutes on hilly curving rock roads to get to our Dr.'s office or go shopping in Kirksville, Mo. Also will affect my wonderful driver who takes me to DM for Dr.'s appointments, making a greater hardship on her to get to my place. Why could they not wait until April or May?????

JeanieG 02-27-2015 02:55 PM

It never fails QNS = the road construction that is! There is always someplace in town that they are working on. I was about 5 minutes late for my hair appointment last week because of the road construction. It usually takes me five minutes to get there total, but it took me 15 minutes. I don't know how many signal lights I had to wait through, as they had closed one of the two lanes, causing a merging nightmare.

janRN 02-27-2015 06:15 PM

Laughing about your complaints about road construction. In Pennsylvania our state flower is the Orange Road Cone LOL.

Honchey 02-27-2015 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys, this is the batik I was thinking of using for the 4 patch..it's not as bright as the photo..I'm leery of the block formation in the pattern..not the colors so much..

QuiltingNinaSue 02-27-2015 07:00 PM

That will make unique one of a kind blocks that will be lovely, Honchey. Please post when you complete the blocks. I am anxious to see it.

dublb 02-27-2015 07:42 PM

Oh that's purdy!

nana pat 02-27-2015 09:38 PM

this picture is to funny.
QNS glad to hear your eye sight is better.
I suffer from neuropothy in my feet and hands and my fingers are numb so its hard to manipulate my fabric. But where there is a will there is a way, although it has slowed down considerably.

carriem 02-28-2015 06:07 AM

Hello All! I am still here and unfortunately not getting a lot of time sewing in my new room yet. However, the plan today is to be out there today cutting fabrics for the Crazy Quilt blocks for DD's graduation quilt. I still have 24 of the 48 left to do (same place I was mid-January). First Saturday in 2 months with no archery tournament....

Archery is taking up a bit more time than usual this year...the kids have joined another club so they have 2-3 practices a week and 1-2 are further away. Plus that has added a few more tournaments. My youngest DD joined choir this year so that's another afternoon where I'm not home. I'm not working at the hotel any more, but am helping my MIL out more than I was (cleaning, appts, shopping).

If we get school done first thing I should be able to squeeze in a couple hours each day now that my room is set up and I'm getting settled. :) Retreat is just a couple weeks away...yay! I am hoping that really gets me going again quilting! My BF got married the end of January so we are having a shower at the retreat for her...planning/getting ready for that has added a bit to my busy schedule.

I've tried to stay caught up with everyone's news. Seeing the WIP makes me want to have something to share....maybe later today!

Honchey 02-28-2015 07:11 AM

Good to hear from you Carrie... Have a good day sewing...

QuiltingNinaSue 02-28-2015 12:29 PM

Carrie, you will get there, just maybe not as soon as you like. It is hard with a family to ignore their needs who always come first...on our to do list. Looking forward to seeing the picture of your WIP.

We are sitting in the 'hole' in radar screen that is not getting snow. Thank God for His Angels and their wings over us to blow the snow flakes elsewhere. We are more than willing to 'share' Mother Nature's snow storms, and sent them elsewhere.

Four rows and three blocks wide, the Star Crossed WIP continues...love that pattern. Take care.