Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

carriem 08-19-2013 03:56 PM

I mailed my Aug MB today. I got the next row of the airplane quilt quilted and the last row sewn on...might be able to quilt that tomorrow. I also was able to get my Sept MB all done.

QE--I have some white muslin here but it is is the wrong color to match those with the embroidery in the quilt, so I need to pick some up Wednesday when I work. Then DD will get started on the embroidery. There is a big guild quilt show in Sept so most of the LA'ers are going to be pretty busy for the next month...I figure if we can get the last block done between now and the end of Sept, that gives me time to see some samples of some quilter's work to decide who I want to do it. Any suggestions on choosing a LA'er??

QNS--looks like you're making some good progress on your TM/IM.

dublb 08-19-2013 04:22 PM

Hey ya'll! I had a good time taday. My apprentice & her baby were here taday. That cute li'le boy ran all over this house & really wore himself out!! :) I kinda think o' him as another DGSon. :) My apprentice just loved my new house & it's retro look.
On Sat evenin' I printed up some PC blocks on freezer paper. (DH had the printer out & I wanted ta git it done before he put it back inta his "office". (That room is as bad as my sewin' room.) It has got me thinkin' PC again. Yesterday I bought a bin just for my PC fabrics. :) I can't find anything in the comforter bag that they are stored in now. Besides the zipper broke a looooong time ago & it's a big pain ta deal with. So I"m gonna play w/fabric tanight. :)

mirabelle 08-19-2013 04:42 PM

Welcome back QuiltE, stick around for a while

Oksewglad what a beautiful photo of your and DH and a big congratulations on your achievements:thumbup:

dublb 08-19-2013 05:41 PM

We have a celebrity among us!!! Congratulations OK! :)

QuiltE 08-19-2013 06:57 PM

OKSGlad and MrOKSG ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I am truly humbled at your never-ending achievements, and am honoured to have come to know you a little. What a great pic of two 4-H "lovebirds" with an incredible story of accomplishments!!!

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6244170)
Welcome back QuiltE, stick around for a while ...........

Only a wee while, it will be! :)

CarrieM ... Great progress! Ask around about your LA'er. Get references and hear the personal reports. What you see may be incredible, but can s/he do it repeatedly? And be sure to see that the backside, is as good looking as the front. How creative can s/he be? Is this person reliable, and one you can trust with your valuable quilt? Does s/he meet the completion date given when receiving your flimsy? Perhaps you already know some thru your LQS where you work?

QuiltE 08-19-2013 07:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quilts "At Work"
(Sorry the quality is not better as I was shooting through plexi)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]431201[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431202[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431204[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431210[/ATTACH]

Honchey 08-19-2013 08:22 PM

QuiltE...I want one of those butter dishes...I have been looking all over for the round type with the knobbed lid...cannot find one anywhere...Great displays you've created again...I remember the ones you did last year...

Oksewglad, what a beautiful photo of your family and such a wonderful accomplishment...Congratulations!!!

JeanieG 08-19-2013 09:22 PM

QuiltE - gosh I would love to come and read all that stuff and see it in person. What a marvelous display, I'm sure many people will get a lot out of it!

The email you sent me did not have the "attachment"! You have many more people on your list than I do!!! Guess I missed some along the way. I get my Quilting Board threads in digest format, and I find that sometimes it starts a few messages down from where I left off reading, so I miss some of the threads.

JeanieG 08-19-2013 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the photo I forgot to take of all my MB's.

Anael 08-19-2013 10:53 PM

QuiltE, great displays. I would love to see it in person. I didn't grow up on a farm but all my schoolfriends came from farmers families.

Jeanie, beautiful blocks, your quilt is going to be gorgeous!