Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 08-18-2013 08:35 AM

Mirabelle, I don't think I have 365 things I can do without either but doing some cleaning that should have been done quite some time ago makes me feel good :) #2 Son thought it was a good idea too, he needs to declutter his appartment so he told me.

QNS, take care of yourself, like Honchey said, get off your feet and give your knee some rest.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-18-2013 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Knee is resting until Tuesday when I go after the sewing cabinet.

Progress on Irish mist: [ATTACH=CONFIG]430877[/ATTACH] Four more squares done. On to page 11 and step 25.

JeanieG 08-18-2013 10:19 AM

Oh QNS, that is turning out so beautiful. I really love the batiks you are using!

Thank you everyone for the kind comments on my BB Quilt. I am loving looking at it each time I pass by my quilting room or go in to "work" (
:D :D).

carriem 08-18-2013 10:33 AM

QNS--some more pretty blocks...great job!

deranged_damsel 08-18-2013 12:17 PM

OOoooooohhh PRETTY PRETTY, it is wonderful :D :D :D

QuiltingNinaSue 08-18-2013 01:16 PM

It is that kit from Ladybug in Colorado, called Tahiti Mist based on the Irish Mist pattern. The colors are Rocky Mountains in the Springtime and Stonehenge matching the batik colors. I talked about it here, and several others ordered it also...I now am on page 12, ready to put the center together. So I accepted the fabric in the kit and this is the results of it. The second one I match fabric and colors for the pattern at Creekside QS, DM, IA, for dh, so it will be manly fabrics.

Thank your for your kind words of encouragement.

janRN 08-18-2013 01:35 PM

Beautiful start to your quilt, QNS. Those are my favorite colors. Will it make a large quilt or wall hanging? I love it. And about that knee-----doesn't seem like you're resting it too much!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-18-2013 02:19 PM

The pulled muscle will take time to heal...the ace bandage or knee support makes my foot swell. And if I stay off of it too long, it gets stiff. Driving and getting in and out of the car seems to set it off. So I try to get up every 30 minutes to an hour and exercise it a bit, carefully. Best plan, to eat less, and lose some weight and it will heal faster....but I love to cook and love to eat. Thera-gesic pain relieving creme helps some.

With tomatoes coming on, its a lot of bacon and tomato sandwiches, so other than microwaving the bacon, I am not cooking a lot of food here. I can eat a couple or three sandwiches for lunch and supper.

carriem 08-18-2013 03:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
PC #2 without borders...

I included the top half/bottom half so you can see the blocks a little better and one close up of some blocks so you can maybe tell the color of the blue/green sashing I used.

Since I do QAYG, I haven't put the rows together yet. My idea for borders is a narrow rust/tan color and then maybe a piano key using leftovers from my blocks...I cut the large pieces of FQs into 2 1/2" strips. Then a red binding. What do you think? Any other suggestions? I have plenty of both the red and the blue/green that I could use somehow too.

JeanieG 08-18-2013 03:14 PM

Carrrie, that blue green color really sets these blocks off beautifully. The borders sound perfect too!