Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-17-2013 03:16 PM

Afraid so, D_D...lots of things. But 'Can' always does more than 'Cannot' ; You never know until you try your best. If you fail after trying your best, there is no shame in that. Its if you are too afraid to try, you never know your limits. All of us has our own 'special' talent; no two are ever alike. But when you marry, you find your spouse may not think like you do and has been raised in a different household, and sees things differently. (Like mine does! IF he would just listen to good advice!!! I told him and showed him, just pick the white bean pods with the pink streaks...and he picks every bean, white, green and yellow and brown, destroying the next pickings of the mature bean pods.:mad:)

carriem 08-17-2013 03:42 PM

I made great progress on my PC quilt today...got both borders/sashings on my alternating blocks and have 4 of the 6 rows together. I should be able to finish tomorrow afternoon and will share a picture then.

Karen--hope today's quilting goes better for you. Are you counting days til your retreat? Mine is about 8 weeks away.

Bev--are you going to retreat this fall too?

Anyone else retreating?? :)

QNS--your Irish Mist block is very pretty. This quilt is on my to do list....

JeanieG 08-17-2013 05:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my MB from Mirabelle - just beautiful! Also is my BB wall hanging. I am really pleased with how this turned out, and it looks great in my sewing room. I added the middle block in the last row from some of the left over PC blocks, as I wanted three across on the bottom row.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-17-2013 05:33 PM

Beautiful. I like, Jeanie, your BBs and MB from Mirabelle. Where are your other MBs??? Remember, blondes and seniors forget easily and need to be reminded of what was.

mirabelle 08-17-2013 05:38 PM

Just heading to the RV with Vanilla Strawberry Swirl Cake with Vanilla Butter Cream Icing. Don't get excited though it is only a packet mix:D:D Tea or coffee anyone or iced tea for JeanieG:thumbup:

mirabelle 08-17-2013 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops got too excited and forgot the cake:p

mirabelle 08-17-2013 05:45 PM

Carriem it is only 3 weeks till I head off to retreat with DD.

JeanieG I love what you did with your BB's, now I really should put mine together, again I am so pleased you liked the block.
If anyone is interested this block is called Caned Seat and is from Quilterscache.

dublb 08-17-2013 06:13 PM

Yes I'm goin' ta a retreat in Granburry TX on Sept. 5th. Candi that has joined the SYE thread will be there too. Actually this one is gonna be a big one w/over 30 people there. I know about half o' 'em & have "talked" but not met, a quarter o' 'em. (I almost know them as well as I know ya'll.) I don' know how I'm gonna git any sewin' done, 'cause I'll be table hoppin'. 2 ladies, who are from Arizona, will drive all night Wed. night & be here early Thurs. AM. We'll pack their stuff in my truck & drive the other 300 miles. I think we'll git there by about 1:00. :)
We went ta the other house & worked quit a bit ths'afternoon. Mostly in the garage. DH moved his workbench & a big old desk that he uses as another workbench. We had ta go through alotta stuff before they (#2DSon, DH & one o' my nephews) could git either o' 'em outta the garage. I'm so very tired now.

carriem 08-17-2013 06:22 PM

Jeanie--your BB wall hanging turned out great. I really like your MB too.

Karen--eating pizza now but will be to the RV soon for some cake....I'll bring the ice cream too. :) I actually almost made the same block for Jeanie....even had it printed, but ended up choosing a different one.

Honchey 08-17-2013 06:38 PM

Carriem & Mirabelle, I almost made this block too!! I got carried away reading the posts and forgot to send the post I wrote...the cake looks scrumptous..umm, umm, umm..please save me some...