Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 08-17-2013 06:59 PM

Great minds think alike, I thought it was an interesting block that would look great on its own as a quilt, great design possibilities

JeanieG 08-17-2013 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6240107)
Beautiful. I like, Jeanie, your BBs and MB from Mirabelle. Where are your other MBs??? Remember, blondes and seniors forget easily and need to be reminded of what was.

Yep, you and I are the same age QNS, so we are on the same wave lenghths! Also I was a natural blonde my whole life, and now very much a senior. LOL After I posted the photo of Mirabelle's block, I thought "Darn, I forgot to get the others out of the box and do a photo of all of them. I'll do that tomorrow for you all!

JeanieG 08-17-2013 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6240112)
Just heading to the RV with Vanilla Strawberry Swirl Cake with Vanilla Butter Cream Icing. Don't get excited though it is only a packet mix:D:D Tea or coffee anyone or iced tea for JeanieG:thumbup:

You have an excellent memory Mirabelle, I am an Ice Tea addict! Drink it all day, all year round! Boy could I use some cake right now - that one looks sooooo good!

mirabelle 08-17-2013 09:59 PM

It doesn't taste too bad either :thumbup: DH just made me a coffee and cut the cake, hurry up girls before it is all gone, at least the bloodhound won't be over, he is on night shift so sleeping now and goes to work at 6pm

janRN 08-18-2013 04:37 AM

Jeanie, that's a beautiful block Mirab made for you. I love the pink batik fabric and I agree, I think that block repeated would make an interesting quilt--lots of secondary designs. Your BB quilt turned out so nice. I have mine hanging at the bottom of the steps and see it each time I come downstairs--reminds me of all my great friends.

Getting ready to make stuffed manicotti; will make extra for the RV. Have a great Sunday ladies!

Anael 08-18-2013 04:41 AM

CAKE, thanks Mirabelle! I take some before it's gone!

I'm going to have coffee at #2 son's :) It has been raining all morning but now the sun is shining again so I'm going by bike. I made some pastries to take with me, odd shapes as the filling popped out all the time.
I've read a blog of a lady who is getting rid of stuff she doesn't use anymore. On January 1st she decided to get rid of one piece a day, till December 31st. I thought I can do that too, but started last Monday. So #2 son is getting some of mu stuff:D :D
He said to me: give it to thrift shop Frankie :) :)

Anael 08-18-2013 04:42 AM

Oh Jeanie, gorgeous MB block you got from Mirabelle. And your BB quilt is beautiful! I still have to make mine :(

mirabelle 08-18-2013 05:01 AM

Oh Gosh, get rid of one thing a day for a year, I don't have that much "stuff" and I am definitely not giving away my stash:D:D:D Maybe I could start with DH:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

When we moved to the Northern Territory in 85 we lived in a caravan for 12 months (not fun) then moved into a house eventually buying our own. I had downsized considerably when we moved and just never got around to filling my house again. With dust storms every other day and working long hours it certainly made keeping the house tidy, easier by not having to dust ornaments etc etc.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-18-2013 05:07 AM

Will post later today my next four blocks done in Irish Mist, (T.Mist) have three done, the fourth ready to sew.

Gave away most of the garden produce so I do not have to can right now...they all went to homes where the produce was appreciated and used almost immediately. Now I have a list for those waiting for more egg plant. Just around the corner on highway 136 is a new quick shop called "Goobers" opening on Monday. Some how, I do not think it will become the next "7 to 11" quick shop. Still trying to hobble around on the right knee that still hurts like crazy; no big plans for the day, just rest. Rest of the world will have to wait, D_D 'cause my speed is very slow, slow, slow today.

Honchey 08-18-2013 06:28 AM

QNS, get off your feet ..elevate that sore knee and get some ice on it..an Ace bandage wrapped around it will give it support when you are up and around.... with all that you do don't put it off...do it NOW!!! Let DH help you:D

Mirabelle, That's a good idea...I've started doing that and I'm beginning to see some results....I might be able to see the floor around my Accuquilt cutter if I start in that room :D