Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 07-01-2013 04:13 AM

Anael sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, cuddles, and feed time and I bet you didn't mind changing a few diapers:D

Monday is over and my house is all clean, even steam cleaned the floors, and managed to get some sewing done. Tomorrow is grocery day and I just checked my freezer and I don't have to buy much so that's good..

dublb 07-01-2013 04:27 AM

G'd mornin' Ya'll! Dh got me up early ta go walkin' w/him. We discussed it last night & I told him I would. We both need the exercise & in reality that's the only time he has. I sure do wake up hard. LOL After we got back I did my back exercises. I hope he does this every day so that I can git in shape again.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-01-2013 04:36 AM

Our freezers are full too, Mirabelle. But the Chicken Feed can is on EMPTY so have to go this morning to K. and get chicken feed. Cannot go until after ten, so I can call and see how many dozen eggs I can take with me to sell; think I am up to 14 dozen or so.

QuiltE, love your topper/runner; a good one to start on. Now what is next?

Anael, good to hear from you; so glad you had an enjoyable 'Grand Mother' weekend.

I pulled all the boxes on the top shelf down in my sewing room. Table is groaning with so many scraps on it. And there is no place to sit in there now. It's topsy turvey, upside down, being re-organized from top to bottom. Well, no, the bottom has not been pulled yet. Anyone available for help???? LOL!!:p

Have a good day!!

gardnergal970 07-01-2013 05:04 AM

Anael...I've been missing you and was ready to ask if the posse needed to be sent out for you. So happy that you had touching time with your little ones. Nice you have today to rest up.
QuiltE...nice to have you back tool. Cute runner.
Honchey....really missed you this past month. I hope your life is leveling out a little and you are moving around better.
QNS...I've drooled over the Horne Quilter's Dream but my sewing room is way to small. Still trying to figure out how to accommodate my new machine as the Gidget table doesn't have a large enough hole so it just sits on top. It is my current "excuse " for not quilting but that has to end because I have things that need quilting.
Mirabelle...lovely quilt. All of your beautiful embrodiery work is making me think twice about an embrodiery machine...which I don't have the room or money for right now.
Jeanie and Dubib....such hot weather being reported out west. Stay cool and safe!
I've missed comments to some of you but I can't remember your last post....but I do remember you.
Me? I didn't sew over the weekend so I'm ready to get at the WW quilt and finish the blocks. I found a cuter baby quilt for my DGD's baby but want to get some other things out of the way before I start that. Hummmm.....already July. How soon will we see new MB's as well as the last of the June ones that haven't arrived.

grannyQ 07-01-2013 06:51 AM

Just a quick hello to everyone, DH Provenge treatments went ok last week, didn't get sick from them. Two more to go, don't know when we will know if they are working. Our oldest son is having double or triple heart by-pass tomorrow morning, so won't be on for awhile, so please send some prayers for us tomorrow, will be a 4 or 5 hour surgery. My sister still isn't doing very well. She is having a lot of trouble with her speech & thoughts when on the phone. She isn't on oxygen right now, so that is a plus, she has been told if lung cancer comes back it will come with a vengence, so some prayers for her also. I sure hope she doesn't have any more strokes.
Thank you all.

JeanieG 07-01-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 6153172)
JeanieG it is an easy sashing to do, I cut my strips 1 1/2 inches and sewed 3 together, this gives you a 3 inch wide sashing and the cornerstones are a Nine Patch, it is a very effective sashing. I didn't match color, whatever I picked up was what was sewn...

Just love it Mirabelle, I'll have to try that. I took a photo to put in my file. It sound so easy, but looks so complicated! Thanks for the instructions.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-01-2013 02:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I can SMILE:o:o:o today 'cause the mail carrier finally delivered my beautiful MB. It is called the Ribbon Star Block or 3D Star Block according to GardenGal, and comes from Freshly Pieced Website.[ATTACH=CONFIG]422131[/ATTACH] Colorful & looks like its in motion! it joined the trio I had:[ATTACH=CONFIG]422132[/ATTACH]Thanks, GardenGal, it was worth waiting for. I love it!!

DH wanted me to go help him gather eggs and I told him I had things to do first: photo my MB and post it to the PC site!! I have been his 'errand girl' all day and am tired, so I ask him to give me an hour then I could help him some more!

JeanieG 07-01-2013 02:33 PM

Oh, I love it too QNS! Great block Gardnergal!

gardnergal970 07-01-2013 03:16 PM

Thanks for the update, GrannyQ. I'll be praying.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-01-2013 03:21 PM

I sent GrannyQ a PM that we all would meet in the virtual RV for a prayer or two, and we were all sending her {[(HUGS)]}.

Update: my quilt room is a mess. I think I said that before, but it has not cleared itself up. Still hoping.