Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Anael 07-25-2013 08:46 PM

Congrats Jeanie, hope everything goes well with your DIL and little Jeanie!

Bev, congrats to you too! It's too bad the movers backed out :(

JeanieG 07-25-2013 09:04 PM

Oh dublb - do please be careful with your back. You can't afford to be injured when you have to unpack all that stuff you just packed.

New granddaughter, Hannah Jean, was born at 5:30 p.m. today in Phoenix, AZ. She weighed 8 lb 6 oz, and was 19" long. Mom and baby are just doing great according to my son. Too hot to go to Phoenix, so it will be a few months before we can make the trip!

Painter was suppose to start today, but was not able to. He called and said he would be here Tuesday. That is okay, because once he is done, we just have to wait for the cabinets, which won't be shipped until August 7th. I'm just so pleased that there has been some progress the past two weeks.

Anael 07-26-2013 12:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
YEAHHHHHHH Jeanie, congrats on the new granddaughter. I'm so happy all is well ! ! ! !

QuiltE, sorry but no black/white ones. I just made a short trip just outside the village. We're supposed to have severe thunderstorms today so I'll try again another day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426039[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]426040[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 07-26-2013 01:18 AM

Looks like a herd of Red Pied cattle in the field. Groningen is the white headed cow in the first photo. A nice field of corn (maize) in the background! Wish ours looked that good.

mirabelle 07-26-2013 01:37 AM

Got home 3 hours ago to a lovely hot cup of coffee and dinner cooked for me, I am exhausted, we ended up with 125 in attendance on Thursday, boy what a day. When I have had a good nights sleep I will catch up on the goings on and I will go through my camera for any good photos but it seemed every photo I took someones head popped into view:mad::D Talk to you all tomorrow

QuiltE 07-26-2013 03:49 AM

CarrieM ... those lemon cake bars were meant for the family! Or better still maybe the Lemon Squares are? :) I have never bothered with the sprinkled icing sugar .... too fiddly for more! And they are sweet enough without.

DublB ... take your time on the move. It's not like you have new owners moving in as you leave! Maybe wait til you find some other movers?

Anael ... And here I thought you were going to prove to me that Jerseys were in The Netherlands! Oh but some R+Ws will do! Such a scenic ride for you when out on your bike. ITA with OKSGlad ... great looking maize aka here as corn.

JeanieG ... Congratulations on Hannah Jean's safe arrival!!! New baby quilts on the way? :) Too bad about the painter, but as you said, so long as he's done for the cabinets.

MiraB ... Congratulations on such a success! Rest up my dear ... and when you get to your camera ... heads will be allowed! :D

carriem 07-26-2013 04:09 AM

Aneal--some more nice scenic pictures (w/cows of course).

Jeanie--sounds like the painters new timing will help that you aren't waiting too long for cabinets after it dries...YAY!!

Karen--can't wait to hear how your day went. Hope you got some good sleep.

QE--the bars are all cut and put into throw-away containers (don't want to to have to worry about getting the pans back to me). I need lemon juice for your Lemon Bars or they *would* be in the oven today. I was sure I had some in the fridge when I was shopping the other day. Guess they will wait until my next trip to town (Monday). Might just sew instead of baking today. :)

Anael 07-26-2013 04:15 AM

Could those Lemon Bars be made with Orange juice too?

carriem 07-26-2013 04:20 AM

I like orange flavored stuff too (and have OJ)...might have to see what others think.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-26-2013 04:45 AM

Dublb, get creative in your seeking help in moving....call a few churches in the area and check with their youth group directors who have kids willing to help and earn money for their groups....call the football coach at the high school and junior high and seek youth help there as well. Teenagers are often looking for 'jobs' for some money and pizzas. Check with the carry out help at the grocery store for friends wanting jobs or feed store. Run a quick ad for help. Save your back and your family's bad backs.

Anael, great picture of cows and corn.

Yes, Carrie, get original squares going and try it with orange...should work out fine. I keep orange zest and lemon zest spices on hand to put into my cookies, etc. And orange juice, too, when I can afford to put it on the list.

I wanna see more MBsssssss.