Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 12-09-2012 10:54 AM

OksewGlad, you can keep the snow...nature's quilt...its fun to watch, not fun to drive in although we have many times in our life...

I love your little quilt you made. Also love Carrie's work too. Makes me want to get back into the quilt room.

The third credit card that I carry was hit...I had warned the company I had two hits...joined a security watchdog company for a while until everything gets straightened out. Again, this company contacted me; I was blessed that all three were caught by the company and I was not stuck with a big bill. Inconvenient to do without the bank check card, but I will write the checks out for awhile. Guess its that time of year that people are tempted to steal...more so than non holiday time.

Back on my feet after a good night's rest, drinking my tea....happy you all brought yours in join me in the virtual RV. Sunshine is bright inside the RV...'cause of friendship and compassion of the PC quilter's group. Pat yourself on the back, you are the best!!

dublb 12-09-2012 05:43 PM

I'm so glad ta sit back in the virtual RV, sip my tea & rest w/my friends. :)

gardnergal970 12-09-2012 07:14 PM

QNS...what a nightmare with your cards! I hope you get it all straightened out and stay safe. Thanks for all your hospitality.
Bev...glad you could stop by. How are you holding up?
oKSewGlad...you little quilt is so cute. I've been working with 1 3/4 inch blocks and they are small enough for now. I've really been enjoying Bonnie Hunter's scrap system and ocassionally watching her on quilt cam. Fabric abstinence is very difficult. Glad you found the perfect backing for Emily's and yours quilt.

dublb 12-09-2012 07:26 PM

It's like a yo-yo. I go from deep cryin' for the littlest li'le thing, ta relived that DMIL is not hurtin' & confused anymore. Th'sevenin' I'm also feelin' a bit better 'cause we had supper at #1 DSon & DDIL's house. It made me feel loved & full. :)

dublb 12-09-2012 07:30 PM

Sue I'm so glad that the company caught it. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 12-10-2012 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, Dublb; so am I. Update on Santa Sue's work:[ATTACH=CONFIG]381356[/ATTACH]Peanut Butter cookies, Buffalo Chips, Chocolate Cowboy, and white looking front cookie is called Billy Goat. Couple or three more kinds...this afternoon, and try to ship tomorrow. Meanwhile inhale the smell in the virtual RV with your coffee, tea, or soft drink. So it is really the "last call" for PC riders wanting a care package. I am having so much fun...thank you all for sending me a PM.

janRN 12-10-2012 08:45 AM

Mmmmmm...it's almost lunch time and I'm hungry. I can smell those cookies here in western PA. Would go so well with my hot tea.

I went to the post office this am. What a crowd! I thought I was mailing early but I guess everyone else did too. I went to a little tiny po--probably only 10 x 18, and I am so claustrophobic thought I'd start hypeventilating. Everyone was real chatty and friendly so time spent in line was actually fun. Postmaster reminded us that postage goes up (again) after the first of the year.

dublb 12-10-2012 09:04 AM

I got a question for ya'll. Is it dinner or super?
In my family, if it is a big meal at the noon hour it is Dinner & the evenin' meal is Super. Dh's side o' the family the evening meal is Dinner & the noon meal is lunch, no matter how big or small it it. DDIL also says Dinner is the evenin' meal.
What do ya'll call it?

gardnergal970 12-10-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5710764)
I got a question for ya'll. Is it dinner or super?
In my family, if it is a big meal at the noon hour it is Dinner & the evenin' meal is Super. Dh's side o' the family the evening meal is Dinner & the noon meal is lunch, no matter how big or small it it. DDIL also says Dinner is the evenin' meal.
What do ya'll call it?

just call me and I'll eat! There is no explaining what good food is called by looking at the clock.

QuiltingNinaSue 12-10-2012 09:38 AM

On the farm, noon meal was dinner; in the evening, it became supper. I think fast food and others serving food places starting the "lunch" for noon meal, and dinner for evening meals. Dinners cost more, lunch was fast for working persons, smaller portions, fixed quickly, so they could get in and out. It did get me confused teaching in the cities where lunch was noon meal and dinner was evening meal...but I adapted to whatever...never missed a meal, I guess, for dh size and mine is the large economy size...compliment to any cook...Love good FOOD.