Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 03-04-2015 10:06 PM

Sue, I agree that DGN needs ta do homework. He is behind & needs a lotta catchin' up. (That's why he is comin' ta my house.) My problem is this is test week. They will be takin' the TEKS test. (Hmmmm I think it is still the TEKS) Anyway I have never seen a teacher give kids a spellin' test durrin' the test week nor for that matter any homework durrin' test week. I don't think she is gradin' the math anyway. Sigh he doesn't need any kind o' busy work he needs a rest durrin' this hard week. Alright I'll git off o' my soap box now too. LOL
Anne, I can't wait ta see what ya got. I am so glad that ya got it all before the snow dumped on ya!

I had a crazy day. First I got caught up on a lotta stuff here at the house. Then I went ta feed my DSis's dogs & let 'em outside. It was a lovely mornin' at 54*F. No wind either. I came home & washed dished & other stuff. I called my DSis & she said that she was asleep & didn't want me ta come up there. So I headed out ta run some errands. As I stepped out the door I turned right back around ta git my coat as the temp had dropped 20*! Then as I was about a block away it started lightly rainin'. DSis's dogs sleep inside & have no real shelter in the yard so I headed back ta her house ta let the dogs in. After that I ran my errands & then it was time ta pick up my DGN from school. We studied hard. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif As his DM picked him up it started sleeting! Yikes! I didn't want ta be on the road once they got slippery so I went back ta DSis's house ta let the dogs out for a min. then ta feed 'em. When I got there I realized that even though I had let 3 dogs in earlier there were only 2 dogs in! The li'le one had snuck back out back & was drippin' wet. He is about 3 years old but is just a li'le thing. I bet he only weighs 5 lbs! I know that he weighs less than my cats anyway. Poor baby was drippin' wet & shivering. I dried him off right away. I did call DSis ta let her know & she said that he plays a game o' sneekin' back out as the other 2 come in. He wants her ta go out lookin' for him as he then sneeks back in. I bet he won't do that w/me again. I then came back home as DSis didn't want me on the roads even ta see her. DH & I had left over Baked Chicken for supper.
OOPS I wrote a book!

http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Themes/...ify_inline.gif

janRN 03-05-2015 05:41 AM

I enjoyed your book, Bev--I start my mornings here catching up with everyone. I have cabin fever so bad!! My car keeps getting plowed in, the white landscape is starting to drive me insane, and today everything is frozen solid from the ice storm we had last night and now it's snowing on top of it. At least I'm getting a lot of sewing done, finishing UFOs and starting new things. I'm getting so much better at quilting on my Sweet 16 (after 2 years of looking like a kindergartner I've advanced to maybe 2nd grade LOL).

Honchey 03-05-2015 06:23 AM

It's snowing, it's snowing,
The old man is blowing,
Bumped my head, on the bed
and I can't get up in the morning!

Having my coffee & english muffin then I'll take the pic of the fabric..

QuiltingNinaSue 03-05-2015 06:25 AM

Good News, warmer weather after today! We turn the corner here after today! That means you ladies will also get warmer weather in the East coast. Up to almost 70 degrees next week. Get your sun bathing suits ready!

I enjoyed your 'book' Dublb. I would ask the principal why (or have some one ask) homework on test week, 'cause it was never allowed where we was in Texas. Maybe it was a drill to help him to remember so he could do the test better, but that is illegal to do also, especially if she had looked at the tests ahead of time.

Honchey and JanRN, we need pictures on what you have done...please share with us your pieces WIP.

oksewglad 03-05-2015 07:12 AM

-6 right now..just read a farm weather forecast and we are to have another late spring. Sure just what we need.

I'd say getting proficient at the Sweet 16 is your silver lining to this winter Jan. Honchey remembers old nursery rhymes, QNS predicts the weather, Jeanie soaks up the sun, Bev hones her writing skills...let's call it a novella...short, interesting quick read:)

GS heading to DM and state BB Tournament to support HS girls. They won first round Tuesday...

Planning a winter get away up north next week. Going to watch the Grands for a few days. Have office work to tend to today. Have a good one.

Honchey 03-05-2015 09:45 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys, 8th Mystery: I like the green better than the purple for the sashing..what color do you all like..What color for the stars..

The second photo is of the fabric for the 9th Mystery. I have to make 4.5" half square triangles with the gold & maybe/or the blue and the others...I'll have to cut & then play with the different combinations...or should I use w/w for the 1/2 sq triangles with all of these fabrics??

snow being it is snowing 5"already I will get to cutting... see you later H.

update: now it's 6-12" expected! wheel barrel by what's left of 4 cords of wood this year..

JeanieG 03-05-2015 10:24 AM

Anne, I love all the snowy photos! Of course, we don't have snow here! But it is so beautiful - I know you are all sick of it, but for me, I think I could sit back and watch it snow for a long time. (Probably one season would do me in, especially the amount you have had the last couple of years.)

I think I like the purple better than the green on your sashing. Like I said on the other thread, beautiful Christmas fabric!

Dublb - I always enjoy reading your postings. You are always so busy and helpful to your family.

Honchey 03-05-2015 10:48 AM

Jeanie, when the blocks were laid out at the LQS I loved the purple with it..then after going to Hobby Lobby the green caught my eye...Maybe green for the stars Hmmm..

I also love to watch the snow falling but when there's an accumulation it hinders me from driving in it..the snow gets on the car and I hate when it all melts in the garage and gets the floor all wet...I normally get the broom and brush most of it off and have to do that all around the tire wells and it's a PITA!

Honchey 03-05-2015 11:18 AM

Jan, You must be a happy camper with the last QOTS blocks...more for you to make!!! :)

janRN 03-05-2015 02:46 PM

Anne, if you have to chose just one color border, I like the green. Is there a way to mix them or use them like an Attic Window border? I like those colors together. Maybe the green border with purple stars? And yes, I am so happy to get the last of the QOTS minis. And she's starting another year's worth next month. I'm going to do these ones then add 9 of my own to make my quilt. I did them scrappy. Maybe I'll do next year's in batiks.

I'm not a happy camper today. Tried to get to my car. Need mountain climbing gear to get over the almost 3 foot high icebergs that are up against the curb. Then I need scuba gear to get thru the large puddle that formed around that. But at the bottom of the puddle is 2" of ice. Then I need cleats on my shoes to walk on the road to get in my car!! Guess who didn't go anywhere today!!!! Jeanie, come for a visit LOL!!