Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-05-2015 04:40 PM

LOL going around, merrily we roll around from Coast to coast! Honchey and JsnRN, the snow looks so lovely....until you have to get out in it.

Our temperatures here will soar after today, into sixties and almost seventy next week. Hope the fruit trees do not bud out too soon and freeze off... after Easter, spring should really pop out of the ground. Do you have anything in the new greenhouse, OK? My dh has four little tomatoes on his 'inside' greenhouse in his bed room. Lots of sweet potatoes started and sprouting seeds to use in his smoothies.

I visited our local US Cellular store and I had enough points to get dh an Ipad and me a smart phone. (well, there was a two cent charge on account) Going back tomorrow for cell phone 101 instructions and I pad instructions. Will send my water proof cell phone to friend in Southern Mo so whe will not have to pay her DD $500 to $800 per month for a phone on her plan. On our plan its just $30.00 per month and no charge for the phone. I will mail it to her by priority mail, complete with instructions and charging cords.It has been a very good day, without sewing a stitch.

Honchey, I like both the green and purple.

dublb 03-05-2015 09:50 PM

I won't go inta all the details o' taday as it was just as crazy. At least the weather was so nice! Cold, but the sun shined all day.http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif We did make 2 trips ta Odessa (20 miles each way) tryin' ta git a certified copy o' the title for the Sequoia that we gave ta DD. I need ta take that w/me when I go ta see her next week. Also they released DSis from the hospital th'sevenin'. I got her home & settled in. Her dogs were so glad ta see her!

Honchey 03-06-2015 07:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh my winter wonderland ...it's so beautiful..untouched... the young man that plowed our driveway and shoveled the walkways had to have plowed it during the night..went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 5:30 and it was done!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 03-06-2015 01:25 PM

Hooray, Honchey! What a relief that must have been to see it clear this morning. Good thing you took the picture, because the snow will go in a couple or three days. Its up to almost 50 here today. Beautiful. The wind is sharp, but the day is great Our electric tech (DD) wanted to know the model of what I got yesterday...she has the same model of smart phone, so she will be able to help me on problems. DH read all the manual on his pad and got most of it working for him and he is very happy with it. And happy with his chicken and gravy late lunch.

His brother is coming down next week to help dress out all the hens in the poultry yard....so we can finish in one day. Yes! Dh and I aare both tired, so we are going to relax the rest of today. You all take care.

Honchey 03-06-2015 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone, last nite & today was spent sewing , trimming & more sewing....I've completed step 2 of #9 Mystery and I'm liking the stripe & plaid better than the print so I'm going to add another 8 blocks to this one..I have the makings already done for it just have to sew trim then sew again..:D...I'm very curious what step 3 will add to this..I'll find out tomorrow morning...

oksewglad 03-06-2015 05:34 PM

Nicely. Done, Honchey...will. make a great Christmas accent.

QNS, I'm so glad you have the iPhone and iPad. With the precarious situation with your eyes, they will be wonderful additions to your quality of life if you ever need it. My blind BIL communicates with his daughters on a daily basis with it, "reads" books, searches for directions when DSis and he are on the road. That's just a few of the things he does with it.

If you don't hear from me it's because I have 1001 things to do and told DD I'd travel north to watch the kids..stay well.

dublb 03-06-2015 05:59 PM

Anne it's gonna be a lovely quilt. I just love your winter wonderland picts.
Sue I am glad that you & your DH are happy about your Iphone & I pad. I just love my apple products!

I am gonna be gone for over a week. I am gonna go & see DD in Houston.

janRN 03-06-2015 06:06 PM

Safe trip Bev & OK. The rest of will be here to hold down the fort.

Anne, love what you've done so far. Anxious to see the next step.

QNS, have fun with your new gadgets. I'm addicted to the Weather Apps (I downloaded 3 of them LOL) on my IPhone. Everyone else plays games--I check the weather.

dublb 03-06-2015 06:38 PM

I will leave on Sunday but tamarrow will be a very busy day. I hope ta check in before I leave town. I just wanted ta give ya'll a heads up in case I don't have a chance ta log on. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-07-2015 06:18 AM

My first type in went "Poof!" try again.

Honchey that will very nice love what you have done.

OK, sounds like Spring is kicking in for you with so many things to do all at once...enjoy your visit North.

Dublb, enjoy uour visit to Houston; wish I could join you in the trip and visit DS near Tombull, and eldest DD in opposite side of Houston.. or I think she is there yet. She fails to communicate since we are the old retired folks now.

Did not know smart phones were iphones, so I have learned something new from you'all again. Yes, JanRN, it has the weather apps on it, games, books from three sources, and so on. unlimited minutes and texting on the account. take care all.