Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

JeanieG 09-23-2015 01:43 PM

I'll be scarce for the rest of the week, we are going to the Beach in our RV until Saturday. Talk with you guys later!

Rosyhf 09-23-2015 02:05 PM

Have a good time Jeanie.

oksewglad 09-23-2015 04:34 PM

Have a great time at the Beach, Jeanie...sounds so relaxing...

I have my frozen canning meat out to thaw so that I can get it done tomorrow...running low on ground beef and the locker--aka local meat processor can't get our next beef in until Jan...yikes...fall and deer hunting season fills up the schedule for them...we are on standby if they have a cancellation.

I'm trying to get some odds and ends cleared up...like canning meat.. I have a week and a half before I start my new job...what? A couple of weeks ago the LQS was wondering if I was interested in working full time for her...whoa I thought she was joking as we do tend to kid each other. And I have said "yes"...Shop opens at 10:00 and closes at 5:00 except on Saturday when closing is 3:00...I can't complain about those hours as I will have a little time in the morning to get a few things done and don't have to be on the road before snow plows are out in the winter...A new adventure for sure. I have been weaning myself off my once in a while afternoon naps, then trying to get to bed before midnight...that's been the tough one, but it's getting better..

Missed the Guild SitnSew today..a good thing as heifers got out into neighbor's corn (just 4 of them), but took N&N almost 2 hours to get them back home. MrOK and I spent quality time in the barn together instead. Such the life I lead.

MrOK and I are college dropouts...left to start farming and then raise a family. I was a SAHM or so I thought until my nephew hanged the "farmer" tag on me as I have always been out helping feeding calves and milking and gradually learned how to drive tractor and do field work. This life allowed me to fit in time to volunteer at school, church and youth activities; garden, and sew. A neat house is not a priority..I say it's clean enough to be healthy and happy. My daughter could not stand to be a SAHM, but she's a great mother to their 2 tweenagers. One DIL follows my way of life, one is a SAHM, and the other a working mom...all do what works best for themselves and their families.

Later folks...

givio 09-23-2015 05:19 PM

QNS, I worked in a library too! I was a 'library clerk,' and used a typewriter to type the title and subject cards for the card catalog. Before the computer era... Doesn't that date me!! Those lovely oak card catalog cases are antiquities now. Like me, I guess. :-p
oksewglad, Wow, that schedule will be different-- full time work! You will be in a quilt shop, so maybe you will spend your paycheck there. :-)

Honchey 09-23-2015 05:36 PM

Congratulations Ok, ooooh, all the lovely fabrics you're going to pet! all the new books, patterns and notions you'll get to browse...so much fun.. I'm so happy for you!!!

carriem 09-23-2015 06:20 PM

I too am one of the younger ladies of the group (36)...I was married right out of high school and am happy to have my husband take care of me. :) I was a full time SAHM and homeschool mom to our 3 children (now almost 14, almost 16, and 17) for several years. I enjoyed taking care of our young family, tending to the house, meals, etc. I did some direct sales very part time for a while (Pampered Chef and Close To My Heart--paper crafting). As the kids got older (youngest was 10) I started working at a LQS 1 day/week for probably 4 yrs...then went to 1 day/month as my kids needed run around a little more. Now my oldest is graduated. The other 2 are still homeschooled, I work 3 afternoons a week at an insurance company (administrative stuff), and take the kids to lots of archery practices/tournaments. :)

oksewglad 09-23-2015 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 7326151)
Congratulations Ok, ooooh, all the lovely fabrics you're going to pet! all the new books, patterns and notions you'll get to browse...so much fun.. I'm so happy for you!!!

I'm hoping that fabric petting will be all I need to keep my paycheck intact before it goes to the bank...

huskyquilter 09-24-2015 04:26 AM

Ha! I'm sure if I worked in a fabric shop, I'd spend my paycheck and more. That would be dangerous, and I try so hard, but I know I wouldn't be able to control my impulses! I finally finished that freakin baby quilt last night. Had it all done, washed up and ready to go Tuesday night, and then noticed a spot where my old iron had leaked some icky brown water on it! I thought I had gotten those out, but of course not, and it was in such an obvious place! On the white sashing around the center panel, top and center. :mad: So, last night I tried a number of remedies and finally got it mostly out. At least unnoticeable, unless you know exactly where it was, and what you're looking for. Anyway, I'm not really a fan of this one in general, but I'm sure my brother and his wife will like it, and George is only two months old, so I don't think he'll mind. ;) I made a thread here with pix: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t270345.html

janRN 09-24-2015 04:32 AM

Congrats on the new job, OK. I'd love to shop in a LQS where you work--I'd learn so much about fabric/color selection. Wonder how many others you'll convert to minis??????

QuiltingNinaSue 09-24-2015 04:54 AM

Jenny, for 'by George' you got the baby quilt done! Cute quilt and love those colors, too.

If I were shopping in OK's LQS, I love to have her help me!