Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

huskyquilter 09-22-2015 04:52 AM

These look a lot more complex than the 30s fws book. Rosy, I love the fussy cut cherries, I think givio is rubbing off on you. ;) I'm bouncing with anticipation today! Can't wait to see all the new blocks this week!

QuiltingNinaSue 09-22-2015 05:19 AM

I am happy you can get on this site Honchey, and looking forward to the new block section to appear....appear.....appear.

Honchey 09-22-2015 08:01 AM

Okay Nina, Thanks for reminding me.. I got called into work yesterday and worked for 9 + hours, slept in this morning.. I forgot to load the blocks into the cp and had to do that before starting the new thread...

Beautiful day yesterday and today it's cool & cloudy... good day for sewing..will start that later after the dentist and starting a pot of chicken soup..

Have a good day all. H.

oksewglad 09-22-2015 08:13 AM

Not sure what's for dinner...but I do like it when anyone comments on what's for dinner:) chicken soup sounds so comforting for a cool fall day.

Honchey 09-22-2015 08:24 AM

I was thinking Chicken soup last nite after work.. I had to put the little heater on to warm my toes, I forgot to close the windows after I left in the morning....I like a cool room for sleeping but not when I'm up and about... if it stays as cool as it has been, Pot Roast will be on the menu real soon..:)

QuiltingNinaSue 09-22-2015 09:40 AM

My Beef Pot Roast is in the Dutch Oven on the stove, simmmeering away....while I sew. Promised dh beef and noodles today. Taken JeanieG's advice and working with just templates on FW 1930...loved doing Cats! Now doing number 23 and thinking of lemonade and lavender scones...like you might have guessed, using yellow and lavender pieces...for tea time. Meet me in the virtual RV and taste it....variety of herbal teas.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-22-2015 09:42 AM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a5&oe=56A4E6E1

Rosyhf 09-22-2015 11:13 AM

Eye of round cooked in pot on top of stove, slice and laid in gravy to soak up. Took out a tub of red kidney out of freezer and fried it up with onions and sweet pepper and drizzled cheddar cheese on top to melt. Have dough rising to make about 6 Nans (Nan is an Indian flat bread). We will stuff our own Nan with beef and fried beans get to it!

Rosyhf 09-22-2015 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by huskyquilter (Post 7324488)
These look a lot more complex than the 30s fws book. Rosy, I love the fussy cut cherries, I think givio is rubbing off on you. ;) I'm bouncing with anticipation today! Can't wait to see all the new blocks this week!

Yes they are a bit more complex HQ. I love that I have Eq so that I change them a bit here or there to suit me. They don't have to be the exact block in the book for me to be happy. I especially like how this one turned out. I didn't like those lines in the center so I took those out and let the square do like the beginning of a pineapple block. The cherries were a couple napkins that were just sitting there that I didn't like so I just re-purposed them lol.

Rosyhf 09-22-2015 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 7324752)
My Beef Pot Roast is in the Dutch Oven on the stove, simmmeering away....while I sew. Promised dh beef and noodles today. Taken JeanieG's advice and working with just templates on FW 1930...loved doing Cats! Now doing number 23 and thinking of lemonade and lavender scones...like you might have guessed, using yellow and lavender pieces...for tea time. Meet me in the virtual RV and taste it....variety of herbal teas.

NS, do those Amana noodles go by another name? I can't seem to find those anywhere not even on the web.