Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 06-18-2015 05:06 PM

Hi Everyone,Carrie found a few more..when she has time she'll let me know what they are and 'll post them..She has company right now...Just to let you know..I forgot how to do the Y seams with one side being a seamed intersection...:D

dublb 06-18-2015 05:37 PM

Alrighty now, I am excited. When we got home from Brady we had a letter in the mail. It was from a couple that had looked at the Midland house just before we bought it. (They bought another house at that time.) They've had another baby & are wantin' ta move up. Well she got ta wonderin' if we would like ta sell. We have contacted a realtor & so have they. They are supposed ta come & look at the house th'sweekend.

janRN 06-19-2015 04:27 AM

Great news, Bev--hope it works out for you. How are you coping with all that rain????

dublb 06-19-2015 01:46 PM

I am too far west ta be gettin much rain. I think that Brady got a tiny bit. The lake is up one foot. Yippy! 15 more ta go!

Honchey 06-20-2015 05:29 AM

I think we got the tail end of "Bill" It was lightning& thunder & heavy rain from 6 pm to 3 am yesterday... It cooled off a bit but it's already hot again this morning...Have to get a Father's Day card for DH and maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby this morning.. Stopped during the week at a roadstand & bought some peaches..Sweetest I've had so far this year..peeled some and then put them in a jar and poured "Silver Tongued Devil" local winery wine over them then in the fridge....I think by Tuesday I can eat them then drink the wine...I've never done this before but Dsis has..I hope it turns out good..The wine by itself is delicious.

Some of the blues in the 30's fabric is hard to get in solid or marbled fabric. that's the reason for the Hobby Lobby visit.
Sounds like all of you are handling the heat & rain well... I stay inside for the most part..only go out if I have to...I'll be doing some sewing later today...

Have a good day all of you...H.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-20-2015 12:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Progress is good: pinwheel on point, Mo Star Quilt Co. Jenny Doan's idea:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522947[/ATTACH] better than one strip is two" [ATTACH=CONFIG]522949[/ATTACH] That's progress; half way there!.

Honchey 06-20-2015 12:56 PM

It's looking good Nina, Interesting..... have to check that tute out...Nothing like getting a head start on the next Patriot quilt..

JeanieG 06-20-2015 02:16 PM

Anne, I have a Moda Bella solids color chart that I find invaluable when looking for a solid to match a print. There is an actual swatch of each color on the chart. I usually get my Moda Bella from Thousand of Bolts as they are only $4.99 a yard. I prefer the Moda to the Kona (a personal preference). Here is a link to the Kona solids color chart for you to check out, as I know you like Kona.

http://www.hartsfabric.com/kona-soli...FRSIfgodYIEAEQ

We spent three days in Lassen Volconic National Park. Wow - truly beautiful. We took a 3 mile hike yesterday, and I cannot believe how out of shape I am in! Also at age 73, that added to that too! Man are my legs sore today.

We are at Mount Shasta, heading into Oregon tomorrow.

dublb 06-20-2015 02:24 PM

Sue, It's beautiful!
Jeanie I bet that it's beautiful there! Enjoy it for us too. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-20-2015 04:42 PM

Honchey, this is my 'trail ' run of the pattern...I have another one, the real one to do yet and its prettier, I think. The white in this one did not pick up the starts that are on the fabric in real life. Its a small throw pattern size, but I guess one could enlarge the pattern or just double it for queen size.

Rain foretasted for tonight; sewing in QR after dishes are done tomorrow. May you all have a good weekend, and thanks for the kind words.

t feels so good to be pp'ing again and following a pattern for Pinwheel on point...