Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-20-2015 12:16 PM

Dodged that canning duty this time. That was a close one...beans were all yellow, not green beans. Another time.

JeanieG 07-20-2015 05:11 PM

We are a couple days from home. Oregon Coast is so slow. One day we drove for 2 hour and only went 66 miles. We had not been there for about 10 years and had forgotten how slow it is!

Hi GrannyQ - so glad to hear from you! Your quilts are beautiful, thanks so much for sharing.

It is hot today as we are in Northen CA. AC is running full blast in the RV trying to cool us down.

Anxious to get back to my Sewing Room. I have my little Brother I keep in the RV, but only managed to sew a border on two sides of my quilt I brought along....just having too much fun!

oksewglad 07-20-2015 06:54 PM

Sounds like you're having a great time, Jeanie:). The sewing sabbatical will make you ready for the big 99 blocks of fabric on the wall....

It was so nice out early evening...I went and spent another two hours weeding. The skeeters weren't bad either.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-21-2015 03:44 AM

Errands today and tomorrow and working around that when I can. Island sink full of good tomatoes from our good neighbor and son., so will work up those tomatoes in between other things. Tried my Stars Crossed on my bed...not large enough, so will have to double what I have done. Honchey, did the Queen sized chart of placement suggested layout come through for you? Not sure I am going to follow it, but will see how the colors flow in the end.

Ok, how I need to weed my flower beds...just been too hot. Hope the weather does cool down for several days. take care, everyone.

Honchey 07-21-2015 02:10 PM

Oh yes, thank you Nina...it came out perfectly...I'm going to try to kep the colors close to her's unless I think otherwise...

QuiltingNinaSue 07-21-2015 03:58 PM

Sounds like a plan, Honchey. I have only done four blocks, so its hard to say what direction I am going for sure. Love all the bright colors she used in the new book.

Eight quarts of tomatoes finished; did our errands in Kirksville. Hurt my lower back when I threw the ten pounds of candy onions into the back seat today. We will continue our potato digging tomorrow morning again. Then continue the shopping in my hometown during the hot part of the day. Have a list of to 'do' in priority order. Then back to more canning and butchering of the ducks; will get a quarter of beef this fall (its raised in price too $$$$)...its all I can fit into the freezer. Hope I can get back into the QB room, but not until the canning is all done.

dublb 07-21-2015 04:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am sad today. #2DSon's cat (Blue) has been dragging around & has lost some weight. She's not a big cat anyway. Well DH & I took her to the vet today & left her for some tests. They called back & her kidney functions test was way high. I know this is critical. If they can't flush her system in the next couple of days, she will die. She is 14 years old. http://www.quiltinghaven.com/Smileys/default/cry.gif
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525811[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525812[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525813[/ATTACH]
She is one of the sweetest cat we ever had.

Honchey 07-21-2015 05:07 PM

Bev, How sad..She looks just like my 17 yr old Chester who had the same problem..I couldn't see her suffer any longer..

carriem 07-21-2015 05:38 PM

Bev--sorry to hear that news about your cat. She is pretty.

judy363905 07-22-2015 06:46 PM

Never, so sad to hear your news, we lost our Phil, a Russian Blue from the same illness .. He was 16 year old. We now a Stella she is a tiger stripe and so sweet too, she is 9 years old and so far so good. Hope Blue can fight back.

Judy in Phx, AZ