Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-18-2015 04:13 PM

DH loves his meat and noodles if is not, then its not his favorite meal...exception is fried chicken that does top it. He let me know, he had finished off the the noodles and beef I had made. Hint: I need more. LOL!

Working on eleven and twelve in FW, trying to get ahead a bit, so I can go back to other WIP. Have three quilts to be in a box I call 'Pandora's box' from last January to start someday. Apparently that was not enough put on hold, 'cause
I picked out another kit in Pella, Iowa, during the All Iowa Quilt Shop Hop, that the Quilted Windmill sent to me last week. My dh wants a pouch for his I-pad (fabric and all is together for that) and his fox quilt (fabric is together for that) and wants to know when I am going to work on that...?????? I was working on the Star Crossed Quilt and TW that is patiently waiting....and I am just inching along when I need full max speed ahead to make any progress. Good news, I guess, is that I do not need any more fabric or projects for ? years ahead. Of course, none of you would continue to chose kits and fabric for the 'Pandora's Box' in your quilt rooms....

janRN 08-18-2015 05:16 PM

QNS, we just have to live to be at least 122 yrs old if we want to finish all our projects. I don't have kits but I have so many patterns downloaded that I'll never get to them all. I've been packing up my fabric into 2 large totes so MrJan can work on ceiling in Bat Cave. I'm embarrassed to say I found fabric I didn't know I had or remember buying. I also have some that make me ask "what was I thinking when I bought this?". I haven't bought fabric this year except for backings and a customer quilt and I still have enough to last for years! And I think my stash is small compared to some of the pics I see here.

Hope everyone is doing well.

oksewglad 08-18-2015 06:35 PM

Oh have we all fallen victim to"I love this and have to buy it" syndrome? I don't have kits, but I have project bags with future quilts with and without patterns...122 years?...I'm a little more than half way there:D. And I mess around with mini quilts to rid myself of stash:shock:. Like you, Jan, I have cut back on buying...

Pulled weeds in the drizzle this morning...felt like a kid playing in the rain, but my body is protesting tonight...went with MrOK to FSA office..we are putting in a manure storage unit this fall so have to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed..before we could start we had to have a nutrient crop management plan in place. This tells us where and when we can or cannot haul manure based on soil types and land slope..ahhh modern agriculture...
NC son called tonight...they forgot their rain coats in the closet...and it's raining there tonight...Will mail them out tomorrow...better get it ready to send...later

Honchey 08-18-2015 06:40 PM

I just found some 30's fabrics in my dungeon!!! I really have to start cutting my scraps that are running over their containers..I just can't resist them when I see the piles of them in the LQS.

carriem 08-18-2015 06:59 PM

Hi All! Sounds like we are all busy as usual :) After finishing blocks 9 and 10 for the 1930s quilt along over there weekend I pulled out a project from a while back. I decided I was going to make 2 quilts instead of one but don't have enough fabric for more of the same block so am making alternate blocks...of course needed a little more fabric. :) I went to the LQS today and found a couple perfect matches! I can't wait to sew again to get a couple sample blocks made...maybe tomorrow evening or Thursday afternoon.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-19-2015 05:18 AM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...56&oe=56835EEE

oksewglad 08-19-2015 11:20 AM

Amen to that...

QuiltingNinaSue 08-19-2015 11:43 AM

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7e&oe=567612D3

dublb 08-19-2015 03:08 PM

On Sat my DM called me to talk about going to my DGM's grave. (2 hours on the other side of Brady.) She said that the guy who was supposed to get the concrete work done had told her that he should be done by the 20th. So she wanted to go & check it out on the 21st. That is Fri. I guess she thought I was gonna stay in Brady. She called me today & said that she was heading to Brady!:eek: I am so glad that she called before she was half way there! I told her to head back home! LOL We will go tomorrow & stay in Brady for the night.

dublb 08-19-2015 03:09 PM

On Sat my Dm called me to talk about going to my DGM's grave. (2 hours on the other side of Brady.) She said that the guy who was supposed to get the concrete work done had told her that he should be done by the 20th. So she wanted to go & check it out on the 21st. That is Fri. I guess she thought I was gonna stay in Brady. She called me today & said that she was heading to Brady!:eek: I am so glad that she called before she was even outta town! I told her to head back home! LOL We will go tomorrow & stay in Brady for the night.