Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 11-25-2014 06:33 PM

Oh Carrie! I love it! It's so purdy!:thumbup:

JeanieG 11-25-2014 08:04 PM

I always cook my turkeys in one of those cooking bags. They cook in around 3 hours and are real juicy and a pretty brown. Have been cooking my turkey in those bags for years. The last few years, I cook the turkey on Wednesday and carve it and put the slices in an oblong pyrex dish. I put drippings over the turkey slices and cover with foil. The next day I just pop it in the oven to reheat. Saves so much time on Thanksgiving day!

Wonderful quilt Carrie, I love the colors.

dublb 11-25-2014 08:33 PM

Day started w/DH & I runnin' some errands. Then it was early release day for DGNephew. I had ta pick him up just after 1:00. He was askin' about several different places so I pulled up Google Maps & we roamed all over the globe. We then got our readin' done & finally went ta the park. A nice day over all.

Honchey 11-26-2014 06:47 AM

Jan, Jan, I'm in NC right now...DS & GS flew in yesterday and we were going all day & night!
I have to go out & pick up a pumpkin pie & a roasting pan...I will prep my stuffing today so it will be ready to pop in the bird first thing tomorrow morning...just a simple dressing but I do it from scratch...

Carrie, the quilt is lovely...I love that color combination...

Everyone have a peaceful day tomorrow...We all have so much to be thankful for...

dublb 11-26-2014 06:10 PM

Tamarrow about half o' my family will come ta my house. :) This is the year that if ya have an In Law than ya have Thanksgivin' w/them. Those o' us that don't have IN Laws will have Dinner at my house. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-26-2014 07:01 PM

Butterball (13.39lbs) and stuffing will go in the oven in the morning by 8 p'clock.. then on to work on the sides. Pies (Pumpkin and Cherry) are done, and so are the green beans and bacon bits. Going to open up my 2 jars of sweet potatoes and combine with 1 jar of apples add a few marshmallows and brown sugar. Done. Peel a few Irish Potatoes for mashed potatoes and the meal is complete. A friend and her husband are coming in to dine with us. Good food and good company...for all of us...Happy Thanksgiving.

JeanieG 11-26-2014 07:15 PM

Sounds wonderful QNS! We are having Spiral sliced ham, Scalloped potatoes, Yams, Garlic roasted Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds, Cranberry Relish, Deviled Eggs and Potato Rolls. Pumpkin and Chocolate Satin Pies for dessert. We are at my son's house in Phoenix - weather is suppose to be in the high 70's tomorrow, but drop back into the high 60's the rest of the week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

oksewglad 11-27-2014 07:11 PM

dinner is over..little kiddos trying to go to sleep as they leave early tomorrow am. meanwhile kids up north are vomiting..hope it doesn't infect anyone else. Gotta go. Happy thanksgiving!

dublb 11-27-2014 10:22 PM

I hope ya had a great & happy Thanksgivin'! We had a very nice Dinner. Tamarrow we are headed ta Brady so I'll see ya'll next week.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-28-2014 07:41 AM

Dublb, have a wonderful week in Brady.

Oksewglad, hope no others have that bug...its so hard to watch the little ones suffer from any sickness.

Honchey hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

JanRN, hope your turkey and trimmings all went well.

JeanieG, enjoy your wonderful weather where you are.

And Carrie, I hope you slowed down a bit and enjoyed the day.

We ate, then we all took a nap. Senior citizens know how to spend Thanksgiving afternoon doing their Zs.